PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

2 wins in 10 after an international break under Neil

Another terrible result against a poor side underperforming no confidence no direction and with several players missing. Its not rocket science is it team talk is first 10-15 go at them hard and fast get a goal and the crowds slient and the players heads are down. Why do we capitulate and not compete aginst these poor sides. You have to look at the manager first.

Tommy Spurr recently said that Alex Neil was the best he had played under in respoect of preparation, really? what prep diod he do for yesterday. not a lot by the looks of it.

Another terrible result against a poor side underperforming no confidence no direction and with several players missing. Its not rocket science is it team talk is first 10-15 go at them hard and fast get a goal and the crowds slient and the players heads are down. Why do we capitulate and not compete aginst these poor sides. You have to look at the manager first.

Tommy Spurr recently said that Alex Neil was the best he had played under in respoect of preparation, really? what prep diod he do for yesterday. not a lot by the looks of it.
I feel like you only ever appear when we lose.

Haha you are truly amazing.

Wish you could just manage PNE we'd be top with full points

im pretty sure some teams started saying this about us last year when we were near foot of table,i personally would've taken a point before the game,but way some people are going on its like we should be waltzing this league, ,we're top 6,when at the start of the season many people on here had us down for relegation....what is the actual record after international breaks? is it 2 wins and 8 defeats?.

if you was manager we would struggle to
Compete in the conference. Have the given you a day off from the circus today ya clown.

and your constructive replies are ?

Thought so

Better than your 'constructive replies.' You've never been constructive with AN. He deserves huge praise for getting a low budget side competing in the play offs but you just slate him after every defeat. 'Why do we capitulate and not compete against these poor sides.' Well until the 98th minute the game was 0-0. I would call that competing wouldn't you?

Now go and find a new agenda.

Better than your 'constructive replies.' You've never been constructive with AN. He deserves huge praise for getting a low budget side competing in the play offs but you just slate him after every defeat. 'Why do we capitulate and not compete against these poor sides.' Well until the 98th minute the game was 0-0. I would call that competing wouldn't you?

Now go and find a new agenda.

Sounds more to me that we were hanging in there against a poor side bereft of confidence and with injuries.

Yes you are right I am not happy with him as this is a results business and there are teams that we should be beating or in the very least not losing to ie Millwall and Reading.

i accept that we have no divine right to win etc but by beating Forest like we should, getting a point at Swansea like we should and at least 1 at Reading we would have been sat at the top. We have 2 really hard games coming up and there is no beathing space at the top of the league so winning them both is an absolute must for me especially Saturday.

Sounds more to me that we were hanging in there against a poor side bereft of confidence and with injuries.

Yes you are right I am not happy with him as this is a results business and there are teams that we should be beating or in the very least not losing to ie Millwall and Reading.

i accept that we have no divine right to win etc but by beating Forest like we should, getting a point at Swansea like we should and at least 1 at Reading we would have been sat at the top. We have 2 really hard games coming up and there is no beathing space at the top of the league so winning them both is an absolute must for me especially Saturday.
We sometimes lose to teams we should beat, we sometimes beat teams we should lose to. If it isn't that you think we should be winning pretty much every game it sounds like your problem is who we lose to rather than how often we lose, which seems pretty ridiculous. As you say it's a result business, and so far this season the results have been very good.

Honest Spender... I really do not know where to start with you. You really don't have a clue what preparation work AN does for this or any other game. Do you honestly think that any club managers team talk would consist of "first 10 -15 got at them hard and fast, get a goal"? . If that were the case even muppets like yerself would get jobs with clubs. Accept that this is a tough division, where any team can beat another on its day & it happened. We move on.
You are correct on one point.... Look at the manager first... He has got us in the top 6 after 12 games on probably the lowest budget. Stop f****ng moaning !

Honest Spender... I really do not know where to start with you. You really don't have a clue what preparation work AN does for this or any other game. Do you honestly think that any club managers team talk would consist of "first 10 -15 got at them hard and fast, get a goal"? . If that were the case even muppets like yerself would get jobs with clubs. Accept that this is a tough division, where any team can beat another on its day & it happened. We move on.
You are correct on one point.... Look at the manager first... He has got us in the top 6 after 12 games on probably the lowest budget. Stop f****ng moaning !

An observation old chap an observation and we are all entitled to them

To be fair - I hate the international breaks. Both this season and last season good runs have followed with defeats after the international break - both ironically to Reading.

But we aren't the only team this has happened to. Both Bristol City and Forest hadn't lost away before the international break - now they have. Swansea also struggled against a poor Barnsley.
Derby unbeaten in 5 - got battered by Charlton.

It's more of a mental block. We need to get round it somehow.

I wasn’t aware of that. I thought the last two qualifiers were next month. Is the one in March for pre-tournament friendlies?

Euro 2020 play offs

And those who have qualified will have a friendly...

Reading away last season to Reading away this season.

10 away games.
1 win (at Birmingham).
2 draws.
7 defeats.

Equally as worrying.

What is worrying for me is the lack of command by Rudd in his area and its costing a goal a game

people who are blaming Rudd for the goal yesterday are pathetic. There are 10 other players who can be blamed you know. Rudd isn’t at fault for every goal. Next thing we know we’ll be blaming Rudd for brexit and how shit VAR is turning out to be.

This record is now 2 wins in 12 games after international breaks. I've not included our first game of this season which was after internationals, otherwise it would be 2 wins in 13 games.