PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

2 wins in 10 after an international break under Neil

It's a real issue that can't be ignored. Does anyone know what different things they've tried i.e. different days off, players still in as normal, inter squad game at 3pm on the Saturday with no game etc.?

It's a real issue that can't be ignored. Does anyone know what different things they've tried i.e. different days off, players still in as normal, inter squad game at 3pm on the Saturday with no game etc.?
Sunday, 12pm kick off. I was feeling lethargic as shit. But they looked like I felt, within the first 60 seconds. They needed a fookin' rocket.

Surely he’s got to change his 4-2-3-1 at home......even Graham Westley could suss this out.
I'm not a fan of Potts in home games. Apart from against the better sides where they are more prepared to take the game to us.

In his time with us, he only has 1 goal and 1 assist at Deepdale. When we know the majority of teams are compact and allow us possession, we need more from someone who plays mostly as a 10 or as an attacking option out wide.

Two wins out of two the first game back from an international break when we lose the game going into the international break (Record is P13, W7 D4 L2).

Last time we came back into a nine game unbeaten run winning 5 drawing 4.

Think I've cracked the issue..... start losing before an international break!! 😂

I'm not a fan of Potts in home games. Apart from against the better sides where they are more prepared to take the game to us.

In his time with us, he only has 1 goal and 1 assist at Deepdale. When we know the majority of teams are compact and allow us possession, we need more from someone who plays mostly as a 10 or as an attacking option out wide.
Browne is similar to some extent. Not sure when we‘re trying to break teams down that he‘s the answer as a no.10. Both of these guys are vital away from home but at home a different type of player is required.

Our success at home in the first half of last season was mainly down to Johnson playing very well in the number 10 role. If we can get back to that then it will be a lot easier on the eye and we‘ll stand a much better chance at breaking teams down.

What isn‘t helpful is players who were brought in to be ‘creative‘ like Harrop and Bodin are obviously not trusted by the manager. Same with Bayliss. So he always reverts back to his trusted lieutenants who do a great job on the road but aren‘t especially effective at Deepdale.

Browne is similar to some extent. Not sure when we‘re trying to break teams down that he‘s the answer as a no.10. Both of these guys are vital away from home but at home a different type of player is required.

Our success at home in the first half of last season was mainly down to Johnson playing very well in the number 10 role. If we can get back to that then it will be a lot easier on the eye and we‘ll stand a much better chance at breaking teams down.

What isn‘t helpful is players who were brought in to be ‘creative‘ like Harrop and Bodin are obviously not trusted by the manager. Same with Bayliss. So he always reverts back to his trusted lieutenants who do a great job on the road but aren‘t especially effective at Deepdale.
Agree with what you're saying. Although I think Browne is better on the ball than Potts. But in home games, we do seem to find a way to play Browne rather than play to our strengths.

If DJ is the 10, I think the best option we have in the middle who can successfully play an offensive pass is Ledson right now. Have Pearson sat behind then Browne and Potts miss out for me.

As you say, away from home it's different. We've found a formula that is mostly working away from home right now.