PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

2019 Test Series

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
First up Ireland.

After 14 overs England are 43-6, hang on make that 43-7!! o_Oo_O

See the Aussie score yesterday in the game they had amongst themselves?

20 wickets fell for 225 runs.

Could be a low scoring Ashes series!

Unless Joe Root knows something we don’t, I can’t fathom why we batted and said so at the toss. Surely the pitch will dry out over the 4 days with current weather conditions and the best time to bowl was always going to be the first hour. That should not to excuse some abysmal shots.

I just read on bbc website that England did not once lose 10 wickets in a session at any time between 1938 and 2016. But today was the fourth time since then. Pretty amazing.

Not sure why we needed two spinners on that pitch, especially when Root and Denly bowl spin as well.

They'd better bat properly tomorrow. I want a full day on Friday as I'm going to see The Smyths at the 100 Club in the evening.

Not sure why we needed two spinners on that pitch, especially when Root and Denly bowl spin as well.

They'd better bat properly tomorrow. I want a full day on Friday as I'm going to see The Smyths at the 100 Club in the evening.
This sounds like a good day (although Root will need to pull his finger out). Never seen them but heard good reports. Let's hope they don't recreate Guildhall '86!!

Every credit to Ireland. They deserve this and in my view should now be a fully fledged test playing nation.
This is why we love sport. It can be so predictable but every now and then something like this comes along.