PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

2019 Test Series

Love it when a plan comes together.

South Africa going along nicely and I thought to myself, we need a wicket so I’ll put a couple of quid on SA to win, and next ball wicket, followed by another next over.
Tactical brilliance on my part. ??
Well done !!!

That's the sort of thing that I do...............

Well it’s all over. Well done lads. Great performance. Wood robbed of a chance of another five-fer (so ten-fer) by them losing their ninth wicket to a bad run out.

We've played some decent cricket in the last three games, although you can only beat what's in front of you.

The biggest positive for me is that we have made a concerted and successful effort to avoid being 30 for 3 and therefore giving ourselves a great platform to build a competitive total.

ODI v SA

Matt Parkinson just had his first ODI bowl.SA running away with it. Not good for anyone’s figures!

T20s about to start.

Buttler - 58 innings - 26.8 average - 138.15 strike rate - 0 100s and 7 50s
Malan - 9 innings - 57.25 average - 156.31 strike rate - 1 100 and 5 50s

Obviously Buttler gets selected.....

T20s about to start.

Buttler - 58 innings - 26.8 average - 138.15 strike rate - 0 100s and 7 50s
Malan - 9 innings - 57.25 average - 156.31 strike rate - 1 100 and 5 50s

Obviously Buttler gets selected.....
It was a strange one. I don't think Buttler should be used as an opener either. I also thought it was strange that Denley came in ahead of Stokes. Cracking game of Cricket, but one we really should have won.

Joe has 95 runs in 10 innings so Malan opening and Buttler lower down would have been fair enough!

Do we need an almost 34 year old Denly to be playing in all formats....?

He's keeping Banton out of the team too.

Joe has 95 runs in 10 innings so Malan opening and Buttler lower down would have been fair enough!

Do we need an almost 34 year old Denly to be playing in all formats....?

He's keeping Banton out of the team too.

It was a strange batting order selection. Denly is fine in tests with all the younger ones but I'd rather see Banton given a decent run higher up the order. He could open with Malan at 3 and Buttler coming in with 7-8 overs to go to do what he does best.

Any cricket fans should head over to Insta and follow this account @EverythingCricket1 a great fun account for news, games, quizzes, polls and funny stuff (ie, laughing at Australia)

Not my account but the lad who set it up is a Nobber home and away as well as a huge cricket fan. Show him some love.

What a game of Cricket once again. Complete role reversal of Wednesday. Team chasing in the last over at one stage were massive favourites, and lost. Was it 7 off 6 on Wednesday, 3 off 2 tonight?

Buttler is going to actually end up playing some cricket for Lancy at this rate....

He‘ll get a big score soon enough. I saw a lot of chat elsewhere about whether his place was safe in the one day sides and made the point that if you asked any major team if they’d have him in their side, they’d all say yes.

I do enjoy watching him open and still think it’s his best position but I also think he’s a much more skilful one day batsman than the other two who could bat there - Bairstow and Banton, I suspect that will lead to him dropping down the order again, with maybe Banton coming in for Denly and having a top 6 of Banton, Roy, Bairstow, Buttler, Stokes, Morgan - and that’s without Root and Malan. A seriously strong batting order that should do well in Australia for the World Cup.

England need 223 to win this last 20/20

England certainly need to bat better than they bowled. 8 wides really is poor. The other noticeable thing was that South Africa invariably scored a boundary quite often a six off the first ball of the over which put pressure on the bowler for the rest of the over.

Malan playing today instead of Denly who is apparantly ill.

Buttler was the only England batter yesterday who hasn’t scored a T20 hundred. Let’s hope he gets one at the World Cup as he’s inked in to open, although a fifty every game will do nicely!

Morgan is as good as anyone. Rarely fannies around with ramps and scoops and simply knocks proper cricket shots over the ropes.

Stokes looked quick with the ball.