PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

2020/21 Kit

Soon as the kit's announced I'll just find the template and buy that. Saves ~£30 and is more practical.

Even worse is that we charge ~£60 for the keeper kit which is the same as Chelsea and Molde!

Surely to god someone must know something on when it would be released?? Its like even the kit release has to be kept hush hush from the fans for god sake! Why can't the club we open about anything atall with the fans??

The club view ensuring the best sponsorship deal can be secured is more important than the release dates for shirts. Particularly with the merchandise deal with have with Just Sport as previously discussed.

It has been known in the past for the club to have put everything in place for the owner not to sign it off and a different company ends up on our shirts.

Best Nike templates I've seen in a while.

Home all white, away all (darker) yellow with blue shorts and blue/white socks for home and yellow yellow/blue socks for away. No need for a third.

Simple. Traditional. Effective.

I know I'm an old f@rt but there's nothing traditional about a yellow away shirt. They were (devil) spawned in the late 70s (?), had nowt to do with the club's tradition. Many other clubs also had yellow away shirts at the time.

With the home kit, would you keep the navy shorts or does the "all white" apply to shirts and shorts?

I know I'm an old f@rt but there's nothing traditional about a yellow away shirt. They were (devil) spawned in the late 70s (?), had nowt to do with the club's tradition. Many other clubs also had yellow away shirts at the time.

With the home kit, would you keep the navy shorts or does the "all white" apply to shirts and shorts?

We've had yellow, yellow/blue kits since the late 70s so I'm more than happy to keep it going.

Blue/Red kits were okay when the only games that required a change were Fulham, Swansea, Spurs etc but when the likes of Blackburn, QPR, Sheffield United, Brentford were added to the list a yellow kit solved all clashes.

As for white shorts for the home kit absolutely not. Never understood why the club went with them in 2011/12 or the one of two seasons prior to that they attempted it.

The club view ensuring the best sponsorship deal can be secured is more important than the release dates for shirts. Particularly with the merchandise deal with have with Just Sport as previously discussed.

It has been known in the past for the club to have put everything in place for the owner not to sign it off and a different company ends up on our shirts.
So are we staying with just sport?

Adidas.

Then watch the sales rocket.

The usual suspects will still buy them for themselves and / or their kids as they do every season.

Those that currently don't buy any attire from the club shop but have an Adidas fixation would suddenly, like myself, rock up and spend a few quid that the club is missing out on season after season and believe me, Adidas would be the most popular kit (provided the 3 Stripes are on the shoulder, not the rib cage) sold in the last decade at least!

Why oh why can't they see that Adidas in the club shop would be printing money?

Adidas.

Then watch the sales rocket.

The usual suspects will still buy them for themselves and / or their kids as they do every season.

Those that currently don't buy any attire from the club shop but have an Adidas fixation would suddenly, like myself, rock up and spend a few quid that the club is missing out on season after season and believe me, Adidas would be the most popular kit (provided the 3 Stripes are on the shoulder, not the rib cage) sold in the last decade at least!

The money from remakes of the late 70s early 80s shirts and trackie tops would make a fortune alone.

If only it was that simple.

There's a tender process and a number of other factors at play to get a kit provider, as well as getting financially the best deal for the club.

The Just Sport partnership covers everything including the running of the club shop for a set annual fee with triggers involved.

If using Merchandising from the company accounts, here's our income:

2019: £115,000
2018: £109,000
2017: £104,000
2016: £104,000

Now I had a bit of a look around to see if I could find a similar size club currently using Adidas to make a comparison. Out of similar size clubs there is only Birmingham using Adidas this season, but Brentford were using it up to this year. I've used them for this comparison....

Using "Retail" from their accounts:

2019: £387,361
2018: £438,498
2017: £425,715

I agree it's arguably lazy from the club and financially the numbers speak for themselves that giving it to a third-party to run means that commercially it's less profitable than doing it ourselves from the outside looking in.

Out of pure interest, I also had a look at Barnsley. Similar size club. Again under "Merchandise" in the accounts.

2019: £715,405
2018: £720,423
2017: £670,103

I mean, I'm starting to smell a rat here. Barnsley's merchandise income is 7x that of ours?!

If only it was that simple.

There's a tender process and a number of other factors at play to get a kit provider, as well as getting financially the best deal for the club.

The Just Sport partnership covers everything including the running of the club shop for a set annual fee with triggers involved.

If using Merchandising from the company accounts, here's our income:

2019: £115,000
2018: £109,000
2017: £104,000
2016: £104,000

Now I had a bit of a look around to see if I could find a similar size club currently using Adidas to make a comparison. Out of similar size clubs there is only Birmingham using Adidas this season, but Brentford were using it up to this year. I've used them for this comparison....

Using "Retail" from their accounts:

2019: £387,361
2018: £438,498
2017: £425,715

I agree it's arguably lazy from the club and financially the numbers speak for themselves that giving it to a third-party to run means that commercially it's less profitable than doing it ourselves from the outside looking in.

Out of pure interest, I also had a look at Barnsley. Similar size club. Again under "Merchandise" in the accounts.

2019: £715,405
2018: £720,423
2017: £670,103

I mean, I'm starting to smell a rat here. Barnsley's merchandise income is 7x that of ours?!

Alternatively: we have no cost associated merchandising income (it’s just what just sport pay us), whereas they have to cover paying for the merchandise and the cost of sale... we might well make much more money than they do!

Alternatively: we have no cost associated merchandising income (it’s just what just sport pay us), whereas they have to cover paying for the merchandise and the cost of sale... we might well make much more money than they do!

Absolutely also possible! Be interesting to see what it was pre-Just Sport to what it is now in terms of profit given the £115k is pure profit now per annum.

I'm just not of the opinion personally that by switching to Adidas that would = more profit. Likely that cost price per unit would increase

Absolutely also possible! Be interesting to see what it was pre-Just Sport to what it is now in terms of profit given the £115k is pure profit now per annum.

I'm just not of the opinion personally that by switching to Adidas that would = more profit. Likely that cost price per unit would increase
I don’t get the obsession with getting Adidas. People have got it in their heads that if we did the club shop would turn into some vintage collection of Adidas originals stuff and everything looking like it’s from the 1970s. Why would it be any different to what it is now? It would probably just be modern designed template rubbish that yeah will have 3 stripes but would also have the modern logo. They’ll stock a few polo shirts and a modern tracksuit and resemble nothing from the past. I can’t help but think some people need to get with the times and stop with the fantasies.

I don’t get the obsession with getting Adidas. People have got it in their heads that if we did the club shop would turn into some vintage collection of Adidas originals stuff and everything looking like it’s from the 1970s. Why would it be any different to what it is now? It would probably just be modern designed template rubbish that yeah will have 3 stripes but would also have the modern logo. They’ll stock a few polo shirts and a modern tracksuit and resemble nothing from the past. I can’t help but think some people need to get with the times and stop with the fantasies.
Well, for about the 10th year at least in a row, my £££s will be staying in my pocket regards any clothing from there.

I did though buy the wonderful Guild Shirt in 2012 which would make an excellent kit. That was a one off celebrating an every 20 year event.

Cannot stand the yellow or green shirts, they’re awful IMO.
I’d like either a Navy or Black away kit personally. Wouldn’t even mind the 3rd kit to be something completely different, team up with a charity & be their main colour for the 3rd kit...
Navy or black would be perfect - would stop my lad’s kit from getting as obviously shit up as the white or the yellow.

Whilst the vast majority of stuff would be modern Adidas merchandise labelled with the 'equipment' logo there is more than a chance that a range of retro shirts, trackie tops and casual trainers would be produced. I've seen them all made for other albeit bigger clubs using Adidas.

After demand from fans the club gave 'The Terrace' a licence to produce retro bits and pieces with the correct club crests/badges (but no makers logos which is why I won't be buying anything from them) so there is a desire for retro merchandise. The 1982/83 PONTINS home/away shirts are clearly the most popular of all time, the Scoreline version without the Adidas logo/stripes sold out so I can imagine we'd shift a fair few full Adidas repros!