5 years of DJ

Scrubdog

First Team
Hang on a minute, before he got injured he was getting a right slagging by numerous fans on here. Mind you, what's new!

California_PNE

Forum Patron
Patron
People who were happy to sell DJ in the summer were amazingly clueless.
theres two points to this as well, 1 he was likely, even before his better form this season, to often be in our first 11. so to sell an important player to a rival was strange. 2 we're north end supporters, and we know we wouldve never adequately replaced him, so we'd have been without robinson and DJ

he might not be multi-millions in the transfer market, i couldnt even put a figure on it even though i think hes superb, there's a lot of over-inflated valuations of our players by some on here, but hes one of them players that is basically priceless to us as we would never have the funds to adequately replace him

so selling him made no sense at all

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
Back of a fag packet? When he plays, he's worth an extra point every two games.

(I've assumed he played every game until the West Brom game)

League Games Played​
Total Points​
Points per game​
Points Over Season?
With DJ​
19​
31​
1.6​
75​
Without DJ​
8​
9​
1.125​
52​
Was sub at Millwall (a loss) and was injured vs Huddersfield (a win). Played some part in all other games up to the West Brom game.

simo

Manager
Happily he's looking closer to a £5m player than a £50k player more often than not now.

Excellent for him and us that Neil has found a way to use him for the best and Johnson has repaid that new contract with his performances.

LancasterRed

Mad Scientist
Patron
Struggled at points but has been incredible for the most part and has not only become more consistent but driven especially since he got the armband for the first time. Neil has done a lot of work with DJ to get him to this point but he's responded well and has hit the levels we know he can. More against Swansea please!

Schemer

Forum Patron
Patron
Unreal player, one of my favourites in my lifetime. Came in and tore up League One starting with that class goal at Oldham, huge part of our promotion campaign, top scorer in our first season back in the Championship, top scorer so far this season. Criminally underrated by our fans and doesn't get the credit he deserves for how much defensive work he does either.

203 appearances and counting for us.
To be fair, his defensive work hasn't always been up to scratch. I remember when he could go through a game without making a tackle but he's improved considerably in that respect, particularly under Neil, and credit to him for that.

baldnobber

Forum Patron
Patron
I think a lot of negativity towards DJ stemmed from fans knowing just how good and effective he could be. It can't be denied he's had prolonged periods where his form has been a pale shadow of what he's capable of.
This season I think the penny's really dropped and we're seeing a consistently excellent midfield player, week in week out (a slightly more advanced role has helped I think).

OOOO3

First Team
I think a lot of negativity towards DJ stemmed from fans knowing just how good and effective he could be. It can't be denied he's had prolonged periods where his form has been a pale shadow of what he's capable of.
This season I think the penny's really dropped and we're seeing a consistently excellent midfield player, week in week out (a slightly more advanced role has helped I think).
I think this is the point. Always had bags of potential and now he is showing it consistently.

Sambo

Reserve
Just think..... £50k over 5 years is £192 a week... Madness... And less than £250 per appearance so far..... ?⚽

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
I think the opposite. For a season or two he seemed to stand still or even regress a bit, for whatever reason, when we knew what he could potentially do.
He's been class and obvious quality right from the start.

But I think a lot of fans who e.g. wanted to drive him to Wigan themselves now claim the player was shit then (as they had said) but is better now (thereby justifying their 180° reverse ferret) because to admit the alternative - that he was never shit, they were simply hopelessly wrong about the player - would be too much for them to bear.

No, it must have been the player all along.

paolo poggi

Advisor to the Owner
What a player this lad has been, and continues to be, for us.
At £50,000 it’s a remarkable bit of business.
Daniel has been a fantastic professional footballer at Deepdale. I went to Bradford in the cup a few years ago, and he was head and shoulders above the rest on that day and scored a beauty. His standards have rarely dropped since.
His relaxed demeanour often disguises a quick, agile and thoughtful player who pops up all over the place. The other players seem to love him and he always looks like he has nothing left in him by the end of the match.

portisheadpete

Advisor to the Owner
Hes so much more time than the rest. I think oppositions envy us, fear his inclusion and wouldnt understand the undeserved criticism he sometimes ridiculously attracts.