PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

6 Years Ago

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Patron
I was just arriving in Beaconsfield to have my mates car parked up before continuing my good sup.

About 3 or 4 stops to Wembley.

I was just arriving in Beaconsfield to have my mates car parked up before continuing my good sup.

About 3 or 4 stops to Wembley.

Mmm. 11:45? I'm pretty sure I was already supping. :)

Watching the game, about 8 minutes in (1-0) and what an underrated player Neil Kilkenny was.

One of my favourites along with Brian O'Neil before him.
Neil Kilkenny (i think he was nicknamed killer) was a good Footballer, i dont really know why he wasnt more highly thought of.
A little bit like a Nobby Lawton, Francis Burns, Sean Haselgrave type.
Not AS good as these but still a really good 'Footballer'.
Rated him a lot.

And they miss a sitter just before half time. If that’d gone in ...😳
Yes right in front of us, diving header could have easy gone in. Remember the Swindon fans we came across being very graceful in defeat, in the traffic, saw Swindon fans outside a bar with an unopened bottle of Champagne, they came over to one of the queing pne cars and handed it over fair play, things like that dont get enough publicity !!

Neil Kilkenny (i think he was nicknamed killer) was a good Footballer, i dont really know why he wasnt more highly thought of.
A little bit like a Nobby Lawton, Francis Burns, Sean Haselgrave type.
Not AS good as these but still a really good 'Footballer'.
Rated him a lot.
Similar to Alan Spavin only lacked pace!! Not as good as Spav though !!:)

Similar to Alan Spavin only lacked pace!! Not as good as Spav though !!:)
Thought he (kilkenny) was more similar to the Lawton, Burns, Haselgrave than Spav. Who was by the way one of my all time favourites, absolutely top class Player who would have played for England and a top Club with just a tad more pace.

Got to know him (a little) Years later as his Mum and Dad lived on Twemlow Parade, Morecambe, i once told him that Ron Atkinson had said he was the best uncapped Player he had ever seen, he just said, ah, 'that was too kind'. Great Player, Modest Man.