A bit of photography

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
Enjoyed those Nobby - great wildlife shots and I love black and white photography so enjoyed the canal picture. Great stuff, just brightened up my Sunday evening.

shabbagaz

Forum Patron
Patron
Absolutely superb - I wish mine were that good!

My photography has fallen by the wayside in recent months - part lack of ideas/inspiration, part lack of motivation.

Did take a number of pics when I visited Llangollen Railway last week though - weather wasn't particularly brilliant though.

OP
Nobby_Troutface

Nobby_Troutface

Forum Patron
Patron
I remember your early ones were good, but these have gone up two notches. Look really professional.

A bit of an upgrade in my gear has helped a bit, to be honest! Thanks again, Regardless. I appreciate it

Fantastic work!:thumbsup:

Thank you

Absolutely superb - I wish mine were that good!

My photography has fallen by the wayside in recent months - part lack of ideas/inspiration, part lack of motivation.

Did take a number of pics when I visited Llangollen Railway last week though - weather wasn't particularly brilliant though.

I still wish I could do the night shots and street stuff as well as you do Gaz. I'm not sure if you're into the wildlife side of it, but if you are, Brockholes is an excellent place to have a wander around for birds, deer and stuff :)

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
We seem to blessed with some excellent photographers in and around Preston, with you 2 here and sonia Bashirs excellent offerings, Paul Melling too.

shabbagaz

Forum Patron
Patron
A bit of an upgrade in my gear has helped a bit, to be honest! Thanks again, Regardless. I appreciate it

Thank you

I still wish I could do the night shots and street stuff as well as you do Gaz. I'm not sure if you're into the wildlife side of it, but if you are, Brockholes is an excellent place to have a wander around for birds, deer and stuff :)

Wildlife has never been my forte - taken the odd shots of geese, swans, ducks etc but don't have the right lens (sadly they would be way out of my affordable price range).
I do agree though Brockholes is an excellent place.

A bit of an upgrade in my gear is worth thinking about but due to other plans, that'll have to wait quite a while!

I do intend to 'make up' for the past year as last year was one of my 'worst' photography-wise. Have set myself a project for this year - I aim to visit as many heritage railways as I can. Again, railways/trains really aren't my forte but have been inspired after a couple of visits to the East Lancs Railway which is a great place to shoot (as well as the real ale available!).

shabbagaz

Forum Patron
Patron
Bloody hell just how good are those?

Oh and Gaz, yours are damned good too.

Cheers!

We seem to blessed with some excellent photographers in and around Preston, with you 2 here and sonia Bashirs excellent offerings, Paul Melling too.

I'm a big fan of Sonia and Paul's photos - they're absolutely superb and capture the scenes, moods etc perfectly, their composures are flawless.

Lord Edgington

Forum Patron
Patron
Really enjoyed the subject matter here. Very meaningful to me and a nice bit of time spent viewing your work which is certainly well framed and has a thread of peacefulness and tranquility running through it
May I offer a link to a very dear friend who's work may be of some interest regarding his composition and subject matter?
https://www.paulmcmullin.com

OP
Nobby_Troutface

Nobby_Troutface

Forum Patron
Patron
Wildlife has never been my forte - taken the odd shots of geese, swans, ducks etc but don't have the right lens (sadly they would be way out of my affordable price range).
I do agree though Brockholes is an excellent place.

A bit of an upgrade in my gear is worth thinking about but due to other plans, that'll have to wait quite a while!

I do intend to 'make up' for the past year as last year was one of my 'worst' photography-wise. Have set myself a project for this year - I aim to visit as many heritage railways as I can. Again, railways/trains really aren't my forte but have been inspired after a couple of visits to the East Lancs Railway which is a great place to shoot (as well as the real ale available!).

I went on The North Yorksire Moors Railway a couple of years ago. It was brilliant. Sadly, the more stations that we stopped at for refreshments, the blurrier the shots ended up....and I lost a bloody tripod there too :(

Really enjoyed the subject matter here. Very meaningful to me and a nice bit of time spent viewing your work which is certainly well framed and has a thread of peacefulness and tranquility running through it
May I offer a link to a very dear friend who's work may be of some interest regarding his composition and subject matter?
https://www.paulmcmullin.com

They are absolutely fantastic, Edgy. I particularly like the Iceland ones. They are right up my street!
Thank you for sharing them :)