PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

A bit of photography

A bit of photography

Excellent photos, there are some talented people on PNEOnline.

Amazing what blue sky does for photos as well. I love taking “snaps” on my rambles around the wonderful Lancashire countryside. It’s incredible the difference you get on a lovely sunny day.

iPhone snaps below from Great Hill and White Coppice last week

f5aab83ed981ab4f0641f59e6da216bd.jpg

efd2923f77e68d72ba8b93ca7a581473.jpg

40e14230e033bd18fe3f032ac655b32c.jpg

49e9d352808decdd72b995f2034bb78a.jpg

Last edited:
You really know how to bring on a bout of homesickness - some lovely photos. Love the one with the boathouse reflected in the lake.

I do take a few photos, but never as well-considered and skilful as these - I am a very mediocre photographer from the 'take ten photos and hope one turns out OK' school! :)

Amazing what blue sky does for photos as well. I love taking “snaps” on my rambles around the wonderful Lancashire countryside. It’s incredible the difference you get on a lovely sunny day.

They are excllent, HC. I've not been up there for a while. I might just have a wander up soon.

You really know how to bring on a bout of homesickness - some lovely photos. Love the one with the boathouse reflected in the lake.

I do take a few photos, but never as well-considered and skilful as these - I am a very mediocre photographer from the 'take ten photos and hope one turns out OK' school! :)

I wouldn't worry, I do that too!

I wouldn't worry, I do that too!

Your photos are far better than mine - I would blame the equipment but, as my mate (a professional said), if you are good enough, you can take great photos with a cheap low res phone camera.

He has suggested that, when I go for a walk with a camera, I should limit myself to 24 or 36 photos - no more than that. It would make me consider each photo carefully. Might give that a try sometime! :)

Stunning photos. It reminds you just how much beauty there is all around that we take for granted. I love photos especially old and people related.

They're great shots!

Agree about blue sky - can't stand it when its overcast although only speaking from my own photos.

Will post a few of my most recent later on (ironically some with an overcast sky!)

Your photos are far better than mine - I would blame the equipment but, as my mate (a professional said), if you are good enough, you can take great photos with a cheap low res phone camera.

He has suggested that, when I go for a walk with a camera, I should limit myself to 24 or 36 photos - no more than that. It would make me consider each photo carefully. Might give that a try sometime! :)

Excellent work from Nobby, HC, and Shabbs when it arrives (cos I know he's good :D).

I'm with you Sepp; point, click, that's my lot. Example (taken last week)....

24pb4vo.jpg

(maybe the problem is I shouldn't be lying on the floor when taking pictures:D)

Last edited:
Excellent work from Nobby, HC, and Shabbs when it arrives (cos I know he's good :D).

I'm with you Sepp; point, click, that's my lot. Example (taken last week)....

(maybe the problem is I shouldn't be lying on the floor when taking pictures:D)
That's enough about your sex life Sid, thanks very much.