PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

A bit of photography

A bit of an upgrade in my gear has helped a bit, to be honest! Thanks again, Regardless. I appreciate it

Thank you

I still wish I could do the night shots and street stuff as well as you do Gaz. I'm not sure if you're into the wildlife side of it, but if you are, Brockholes is an excellent place to have a wander around for birds, deer and stuff :)
I've just spotted this thread. You are an excellent photographer, I bet your gear cost a pretty penny but well worth it looking at the results.

I've just spotted this thread. You are an excellent photographer, I bet your gear cost a pretty penny but well worth it looking at the results.
Cheers LiS :)

Yes I've spent a bit on it. It does give you a better chance and more scope on the things you can do but I've also seen some photography that blows mine out of the water that was taken with nothing more than a phone camera.

These phones are doing stuff so well now that most people will never need buy a camera again.

Cheers LiS :)

Yes I've spent a bit on it. It does give you a better chance and more scope on the things you can do but I've also seen some photography that blows mine out of the water that was taken with nothing more than a phone camera.

These phones are doing stuff so well now that most people will never need buy a camera again.
It seems so and there seems to be some good apps for filters etc, though I’ve never tried them. But, I can’t see a way of manually setting low shutter speeds for the waterfall pics you’ve done.
The most important thing for good landscapes though is patience which you obviously have. I don’t! :) Same goes for for insects and animals, birds especially.

Please delete, something went wrong.

Gutted, his photography was top notch.

Tony ran the Preston Flickr group for many years and as well as being a member of the group I also 'followed' him on Flickr. I sadly thought something was wrong when Tony and the group suddenly went silent which was most unusual as he was always a daily poster.

Tony was a cracking photographer and his shots are absolutely amazing - he also had an eye for the little details that I and others don't notice.

He's going to be sorely, sorely missed.

Would anyone have a recommendation for birdwatching binoculars. I think approx 8x40 to 10x50 range.

I would quite like some decent ones - so if they are £120+ I would still consider them.

Has anyone used those binoculars that have an inbuilt digital camera?

I've just asked my mates wife, she's into all that. Hers are 10 x 42 which is apparently mid range.

She recommends going into the 'In Focus' shop at Brockholes where you can try before you buy.

Not a bad place to get the feel for what you want.

I've just asked my mates wife, she's into all that. Hers are 10 x 42 which is apparently mid range.

She recommends going into the 'In Focus' shop at Brockholes where you can try before you buy.

Not a bad place to get the feel for what you want.

Great idea Nobby. Brockholes is a 7 hour round trip for me - but I get the gist 😁

Would anyone have a recommendation for birdwatching binoculars. I think approx 8x40 to 10x50 range.

I would quite like some decent ones - so if they are £120+ I would still consider them.

Has anyone used those binoculars that have an inbuilt digital camera?
I bought some 8x42 bins last summer specifically for birdwatching. 10x42 is obviously a greater magnification, but the field of vision is better with 8x mag which means it's easier to find the damned bird you're trying to follow. I paid about £100 for mine which is kind of entry level gear

The RSPB have a range of binoculars and their advice stuff is worth a read. Their "own brand" binoculars are actually made by Viking Optics