PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

A bit of photography

That’s not a bad capture at all mate. It’s a good wildlife action shot. You’ve timed it perfectly and got the water drops too.
The swan is fantastic! Nice and sharp, properly in focus.
Just have a mess around with your settings in the garden with flowers (something that won’t fly away as you’re about to take the shot!) and you’ll get the hang of it and you’ll be able to get the shots without even thinking about what you have to do 👍🏼👍🏼
Cheers. I just viewed it on a laptop rather than my phone, and they do look a lot better... especially the swan.

What App did you use? Is it for iPhone or is there an iPhone app you'd recommend?
Not sure it was on my old phone but it was an android app, my mate recommended it to me, I'll ask him tomorrow which app it was. I know it wasn't an app full of adverts as I'd of binned it off.

I think I used the original colour picture but it let me turn the whole pic black and white apart from areas I'd highlighted, the blue in the picture was the actual lighting around a bar/restaurant on the river bank.

Last edited:
About 10-15 years ago through work, I got pretty handy with Photoshop, dealing with layering, macros and all sorts of image creation and manipulation.

That’s expensive software- so for home use, I bought the much cheaper but still excellent “Paintshop Pro”.

Is there any even cheaper software, for a Mac, that does layering and a few clever tricks?

Do you get the meaning of the keys in the dish photo?

Oooh, oooh, I know!

The keys in the bowl signify our presence in life, each car owner gives something to life, each bundle of keys come into contact with different bundles at different times. Sometimes the bundle gets more keys, signifying the burdens, experiences and memories of life, sometimes the keys go missing which illustrates how friends drift apart and how people go through struggles, sometimes we grab the wrong keys and this points to mistakes in life. Sometimes bits of dust and lint accumulate in the bowl... I haven't figured what that means yet. All of these actions impact the overall balance of the bowl- life itself.

...Or it could just mean a load of people having sex. Yeah, probably just means that.

Some fabulous pics on this thread, well done and thanks to those who have done them.

We are in an age awash with images, billions of them, and it got me thinking because recently I have been looking at some old family pics going back into the late 1800’s early 1900’s. When these pics were taken they were valued and expensive, mounted on thick card, and most importantly, still in great condition today, I just wonder what will be of these billions of images we have now in over 100years, most stored electronically, how many will be lost or disappear down some earth wire.

The old pics were created using a chemical process, prints now are mainly ink jet printed, how long will these last?

If you wanted to print some offfor posterity how would you do it, how long would they last?

Anyone any ideas?

Some fabulous pics on this thread, well done and thanks to those who have done them.

We are in an age awash with images, billions of them, and it got me thinking because recently I have been looking at some old family pics going back into the late 1800’s early 1900’s. When these pics were taken they were valued and expensive, mounted on thick card, and most importantly, still in great condition today, I just wonder what will be of these billions of images we have now in over 100years, most stored electronically, how many will be lost or disappear down some earth wire.

The old pics were created using a chemical process, prints now are mainly ink jet printed, how long will these last?

If you wanted to print some offfor posterity how would you do it, how long would they last?

Anyone any ideas?
What you've described is the new Dark Ages that humanity is creating for itself. With the entire world going digital, it means that archaeologists a few hundred years from now will have very little to go on.

Very little physical evidence, just an ancient ZX spectrum and a chewed up TDK C60 with Manic Miner on it.

The Wanaka tree. The most photographed tree in NZ I reckon. Awesome pics @Muzza
Talking of most photographed tree, this is the survivor tree at ground zero NYC, it grew and lives in between where the two towers did, its the only thing that's left that lived in that area after 9/11.

FB_IMG_1631296862253.jpg