A Question of Sport

northender2

Forum Patron
Patron
i gave it a watch but it was poor, they are trying to make it more like a league of their won but failed in my opinion, I think they need to go back to what made it successful and go back to a pure sports quiz rather than an entertainment show

OP
Regardless

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
I didn't know this was on but anything with Sam Quek in it will do for me.😛
TBH - I had never heard of her and (sorry, hockey fans) I was underwhelmed that a player from such a low-key sport was a team captain She came across well, and as a personality, maybe she’ll grow on me, but…

MrHodgeheg123

Tickety-boo
TBH - I had never heard of her and (sorry, hockey fans) I was underwhelmed that a player from such a low-key sport was a team captain She came across well, and as a personality, maybe she’ll grow on me, but…
She was one of the main presenters of the Tokyo Olympics and was a breath of fresh air.

Doc Brown

Advisor to the Owner
Surely QoS should be presented by a retired sports person with some half decent gravitas.

How does McGuinness keep getting these presenting gigs on flagship BBC programmes?

A long way on little talent.

Portishead

Manager
Surely QoS should be presented by a retired sports person with some half decent gravitas.

How does McGuinness keep getting these presenting gigs on flagship BBC programmes?

A long way on little talent.

I stopped watching QoS about 30 years ago. Probably just after Quiz Ball stopped. Such a tired chummy format especially when presented by Granny Barker. Bloody awful. Rather listen to my hair grow. Cheeky chappy Tuffers. Aaaahhhhh.

OP
Regardless

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
I stopped watching QoS about 30 years ago. Probably just after Quiz Ball stopped. Such a tired chummy format especially when presented by Granny Barker. Bloody awful. Rather listen to my hair grow. Cheeky chappy Tuffers. Aaaahhhhh.

30 years ago, I would sometimes outscore the professionals. I am on a steady decline towards complete cheapness nowadays.

As for the show - I kind of agree but could take it or (mainly) leave it under the old crew. I was certainly happy they planned to refresh it - but bloody hell…

Drunks

Forum Patron
Patron
I enjoyed the old quiz. I thought Sue was great and Matt and Tuffers really knew their sport. Matt more so and Tuffers was funny.
They managed the mix of entertainment but a good quiz very well.
This is woeful on every level. Tolerated the first episode but turned off half way through this.
Absolute shocking TV

Dirty Harry

Advisor to the Owner
McGuinness is dreadful. The least funny person on TV. How on earth he keeps getting these shows beggars belief. QOS needs scrapping as its crap. Stopped watching it regularly in about the early 80s when I used to watch it and 'Superstars' simply because they were sports related. For sports quiz shows I used to prefer They think it's all over, and even that wasn't great.

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron
Bit of a soft spot for our Sue.

Paddy's just filling the role of token cheeky northerner. Reached his zenith in Phoenix Nights but downhill after that.

'Tommy Dickfingers' 😂 🤪

buckshawwhite

Advisor to the Owner
I had the pleasure of recently being in the audience for the filming of an episode of QoS at Media City Salford. Bit of an odd change of format but an enjoyable experience on the day all the same. The captains Sam Quek (whilst being extremely easy on the eye) & Hugo Monye (or whatever his name is) seemed to lack the charisma & humour of some previous captains - Tuffers & Dawson, Botham, Emlyn Hughes, Willie Carson etc etc & Paddy McGuiness is just Paddy McGuiness (Marmite). The "guests" bar Leon Osman were pretty forgettable & the none sporting guest was Anton Du Beke. A very charismatic & funny man. He absolutely wiped the floor with everyone else with his sports knowledge