PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Abusing players online

Fully agree with this, direct abuse is unforgivable.

BUT even indirect abuse, the likes we saw from Paddy an co. on here, towards Ched Evans, that is also despicable conduct.

Meh.

I think if you're doing it behind a keyboard, you're embarrassing. No problem with someone telling someone else they're a useless cunt if it's face to face though.

If you risk getting twatted to tell someone they're shit, fair play to you.

It happened so quickly I didn’t realise he’d scored until they started showing the replay.
Camera didn't follow the play very well at all

Also if you notice we had doubled up, behind Potts, Gordon was in achres behind him so it was a bit of a wasteful ball by Sinclair but the poor clearance was well and truly punished

Last edited:
Are we not using social media by being on this forum? There is certainly plenty of abuse on this media of other posters and players, manager, PR, TH etc

To me It came across as a "I'm above your petty squabbles" and a "No one agrees with me because this is an echo chamber" type post.

I think by and large most discussion on here is treated with good humour, and you only have to look at the Potts, Neil Out, Neil In, Ched Evans etc threads to see just how much disagreement goes on. I just dont think his comments were valid at all.

Moaning about the forum being toxic and then coming out with lines such as: "The usual trolls have graced us with their presence" is just totally unhelpful. Not even sure who it is aimed at

Again, nowt wrong with suggesting an environment is unpleasant at times.
By and large, I would say people not subscribing to the Neil Out mantra do get ridiculed. Whether the humour is good or not is very debatable. I was called a 'clown' for pointing out Millwall are 7th in the form table (will be higher now). Not offensive or upsetting but not funny either. It's just boring if anything.

So, for me there is at least some truth in calling it 'an echo chamber' but there are enough good posters to make it worthwhile, particularly in the absence of pubs/grounds.