Adam Reach?

Korol

Football Expert
Patron
Reach is definitely not a luxury player, works his nuts off and he's defensively solid. Absolutely fuck all like Bodin, mad comment.

He's more like Barkhuizen with less pace but actual ability.

We don't give Bodin a run because he's a sick note who isn't good enough for this level.

Either way, I doubt we'll be in the market for another left-sided player now.
Your doubt is misplaced. (y)

sf

Forum Patron
Patron
No way does he work his nuts off. He used to disappear when on loan to us and still does. Good in patches.
Pulis disagrees.

What has hard work got to do with consistency? Rafferty would be in the Prem if it was based on effort.

If Reach was entirely consistent then he wouldn't be playing for Sheff Wednesday and we wouldn't be talking about him as an option.

Better than what we have.

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
No way does he work his nuts off. He used to disappear when on loan to us and still does. Good in patches.
If he didn't work hard at PNE, he wouldn't have played in so many different roles, including defensive ones like wing back, under Simon Grayson.

Compared to someone like Scott Sinclair he is a workhorse.

pne1881

Advisor to the Owner
He’s just one of those “luxury “ players, might score a worldie every dozen games or so, we’ve got exactly that type in Bodin, can’t understand why he’s not given a run of games ?

You're seriously comparing Reach & Bodin?

lenny

Advisor to the Owner
Watched the first half against Forrest, Reach played some decent balls into the forwards down the line , an odd cross covered back a few times but seems to lack much pace both ways and him and the Keeper at fault for the penalty but Forrest missed it. He’s done ok in a shit Wednesday side but on this performance so far not sure I would be pleading for us to sign him. It’s only half a game I know let’s see how he does second half as Wednesday need to win .

lenny

Advisor to the Owner
Reach is excellent, we should definitely be looking at signing him in Sheff Wednesday go down
Did you watch the game today excellent is not the word I would use, ok is more like it. Don’t think he tried to beat any man the whole 2nd half, one shot right across goal a couple of crosses hit the first man , I think we have enough players who can do that .

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
Did you watch the game today excellent is not the word I would use, ok is more like it. Don’t think he tried to beat any man the whole 2nd half, one shot right across goal a couple of crosses hit the first man , I think we have enough players who can do that .
Doesn't look the kind of player you need in a relegation scrap.

deepdaledreamer

Forum Patron
Patron
Adam Reach to me is very similar to Barky but probably on more money.
If Barky was to go then he would be a like for like replacement, albeit that he is properly left sided and cant just play there like Barky.
Wouldnt be averse to Reach he seemed decent when here on loan.

Mancunian White

Forum Patron
Patron
Wednesday failed to pay their players in April now too. Absolute shambles of a club.

Adam Reach to me is very similar to Barky but probably on more money.
If Barky was to go then he would be a like for like replacement, albeit that he is properly left sided and cant just play there like Barky.
Wouldn't be averse to Reach he seemed decent when here on loan.
They couldn't be more different.

Last edited:

Motion Man

Forum Patron
Patron
All i’d say he was very good when he was with us and Wednesday did pay £ 4 m for him after that. As he’s only 27 with the big provisos though 1)is he still fit, and
2) is 3-5-2 the way forward now (ie if it’s 4 at the back we’ve already got 2 left backs) and 3) Josh Earl ?, on a free could be a good option.

JJ_PNE

Advisor to the Owner
If he didn't work hard at PNE, he wouldn't have played in so many different roles, including defensive ones like wing back, under Simon Grayson.

Compared to someone like Scott Sinclair he is a workhorse.
He did go missing when on loan at times.

As he was on loan from Boro who were fighting for promotion/playoffs, everytime we played a Boro promotion rival he turned it on and worked his socks off. Then go missing if we played bottom of the league for example. Commitment wasnt 100%.

However if we sign him permanently i would like to think we would see better commitment, Sheff Wed fans may know better, unsure what their opinion is.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron

As he was on loan from Boro who were fighting for promotion/playoffs, everytime we played a Boro promotion rival he turned it on and worked his socks off. Then go missing if we played bottom of the league for example. Commitment wasnt 100%.

However if we sign him permanently i would like to think we would see better commitment, Sheff Wed fans may know better, unsure what their opinion is.
Lazy and uninterested, one screamer every ten games to hide the poor performances, happy to see the back of him

JohnPNE

Advisor to the Owner

Personally I hope we don’t sign Adam Reach. We have Cunningham/Hughes. My opinion but I actually don’t think reach is much better than them. We also have Earl as a third back up. I would want to waste wages on a player who isn’t committed to the club.