PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Adam Reach?

Personally I hope we don’t sign Adam Reach. We have Cunningham/Hughes. My opinion but I actually don’t think reach is much better than them. We also have Earl as a third back up. I would want to waste wages on a player who isn’t committed to the club.
They are full backs. Reach is a winger

Superb player at this level who made a bad decison to join SW.

Doubt we are in for him due to wages, but would happily let others out on load to free up space in his position.

They are full backs. Reach is a winger

Hasn’t he spent most of his career at shef Wednesday as a wing back and he played for us mainly as a wing back.

Infact last game of the season he played as a wing back as shef Wednesday played 5 at the back.

Hasn’t he spent most of his career at shef Wednesday as a wing back and he played for us mainly as a wing back.

Infact last game of the season he played as a wing back as shef Wednesday played 5 at the back.
Yeah he is a wing back these days, can play on the wing too.

You'd counted Hughes for us as an option for that position though.

Hughes isn't a wing back at all, I'd say we're still well covered though with Cunningham and Earl.

There are different types of wing backs. Those like Cunningham who are defenders who can get forward, and those like Reach who are wingers who get back. If we were playing 442, Reach would play in front of Cunningham. Hope that explains the difference.

Hughes is a full back who can play central when needed.

So Norwich are already prepping for a tilt at the Championship title in 2023.
That Twilight Zone that the parachute clubs exist in is just not right.

Why don’t we make a cheeky loan bid for Phil Jones from Man Utd....

I appreciate wages could be an issue but if Utd agree to pay a big lump of them then at least the lad gets some football and we get a decent player....

and he is a Preston lad....

Why don’t we make a cheeky loan bid for Phil Jones from Man Utd....

I appreciate wages could be an issue but if Utd agree to pay a big lump of them then at least the lad gets some football and we get a decent player....

and he is a Preston lad....
Cos he’s crap, permanently injured, has played 2 games since 2018, one of which he got sent off in, and he’s on stupid wages after signing a new contract

He did go missing when on loan at times.

As he was on loan from Boro who were fighting for promotion/playoffs, everytime we played a Boro promotion rival he turned it on and worked his socks off. Then go missing if we played bottom of the league for example. Commitment wasnt 100%.

However if we sign him permanently i would like to think we would see better commitment, Sheff Wed fans may know better, unsure what their opinion is.
He was very good for us. That‘s why our manager at the time wanted him back and that’s why the summer afterwards clubs were queueing up and bidding millions for him.