Afghanistan Troop withdrawal

Mickypne

Advisor to the Owner
I'm mad because they simply shouldn't be here. If they are in danger all they have to do is walk across the border into Pakistan and they would be safe. Not only that they would be in a country that is very similar i.e., same religion, similar language, etc. But no, they want to come several thousand miles to a quite alien country just because they can sponge off our benefits system to which they have contributed nothing. Notice how these people never want to be taken to the Congo or Jordan or Nicaragua - that's because there is nobody to scrounge off in places like that.

Take a good look at what is happening on the Polish-White Russia border. If the Poles can't hold the line, and I doubt they can, then those people will be coming to a street near you - very soon. Yet more pressure on the housing stock, the school places, the NHS, etc.

As for 'adding value', I think we have enough Big Issue sellers don't you?

The question shouldn't be why are you so mad but why are you not?
If they went to Pakistan they'd still get some similar oppression. One thing I don't like about immigration is , many seem many seem be young men, no women or children. How many are actual terrorists? Last week proved a dark side of immigration. That Liverpool prick shouldn't have been here. This story on these ladies is refreshing. Imo, they're welcome, they're free. I'm personally happy for them. I'm sick of seeing crossings at dower and it's pretty much all male.
Women in many Islamic states are treat like shit and these women are no different . They've made a stance they want out at the risk of their lives. We should be happy for them.

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
Don't see a problem with them coming here at all.... Okay, I accept that they were privileged compared to some of the poor souls that are left behind but I'm pretty bloody sure they will realise that....Hope they all thrive. Happy stories from Afghanistan are few and far between...
There used to be when I wor a lad, Afghani black made me very happy... :eek:

daddyman16

Forum Patron
Patron
Don't see a problem with them coming here at all.... Okay, I accept that they were privileged compared to some of the poor souls that are left behind but I'm pretty bloody sure they will realise that....Hope they all thrive. Happy stories from Afghanistan are few and far between...

I don't see an issue either. Besides having a much better life, I think they'd be great role models for young Muslim or British Asian footballers female footballers.

Sepp Blatter

Liz Truss Groupie
Patron
Those kids have never experienced Sharia Law, they went to school, didn't have to cover themselves up, weren't sold as a bride at 12 years old to a middle-aged paedo and played football because they enjoyed it.......thank f**k they got out.
Yup - nice to hear some good news coming out of Afghanistan.

pnesaint

Manager
Those kids have never experienced Sharia Law, they went to school, didn't have to cover themselves up, weren't sold as a bride at 12 years old to a middle-aged paedo and played football because they enjoyed it.......thank f**k they got out.

How Euro-centric and neo-colonialist of you.

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
How Euro-centric and neo-colonialist of you.

I am neither - just an aged hippy with two daughters and a few grand neices, and if they were in the same situation my world would turn upside down.

Well actually stopped being a hippy early 70's but still retain some of the philosophy and musical tastes.

Last edited:

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
An article about the complexities of it all. the “Rambo” portrayal is interesting as probably is a lot of peoples first real exposure to the conflicts