PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Aggressive Travellers cause severe damage to Thwaites

You do know they have had these protections, in law, for centuries. You do, dont you?

Been happy clappies around for so long eh

Took the Irish Government long enough though !

My gripe is with the people who defend their behaviour , and valid criticism of it ,simply because they are of special ethnic status.

They are not above the law , their behaviour is disgusting but criticism yields the usual and tired accusations.

I m more scared of the happy clappers tbh.

Took the Irish Government long enough though !

My gripe is with the people who defend their behaviour , and valid criticism of it ,simply because they are of special ethnic status.

They are not above the law , their behaviour is disgusting but criticism yields the usual and tired accusations.

I m more scared of the happy clappers tbh.

whereve you seen that?

I think youre talking some urban myth here.

Like any other people I believe they have human rights, but ive yet to see people defending their appalling behavior.

Oh Im sure there are the odd ones that do but in general theres few that are very tolerant.

whereve you seen that?

I think youre talking some urban myth here.

Like any other people I believe they have human rights, but ive yet to see people defending their appalling behavior.

Oh Im sure there are the odd ones that do but in general theres few that are very tolerant.

Do you think the police are more tolerant of their behaviour because they fear an accusation of racism? Genuine question mate .

Whether that’s true or not - that’s the impression I believe most people have. Perhaps that’s misguided , false , incorrect... but it remains the general perception.

Do you think the police are more tolerant of their behaviour because they fear an accusation of racism? Genuine question mate .

Whether that’s true or not - that’s the impression I believe most people have. Perhaps that’s misguided , false , incorrect... but it remains the general perception.

Ive no idea and im not even sure they are more tolerant of their behaviour.

Most of what they do falls under civil not criminal law which leaves the police hamstrung and allows the travellers to take the piss. I have seen it close up - last summer travellers invaded the common in the village I live in and caused absolute mayhem....all about 150m from my front door. They know their rights and run rings around everyone.

Most of what they do falls under civil not criminal law which leaves the police hamstrung and allows the travellers to take the piss. I have seen it close up - last summer travellers invaded the common in the village I live in and caused absolute mayhem....all about 150m from my front door. They know their rights and run rings around everyone.

Shocking- and people wonder why as a community they are despised.

It’s ironic that those who demand special status and respect;and hide behind human rights are those who disregard other people’s rights to a law abiding peaceful existence.

Just drove past the London Road BMX park and football pitches - they've knobbed off at last.

Didn't get chance to see how much rubbish they'd left, but there was plenty of horse shit there.

Its, once again, the sins of the father revisited on us.

They first appeared around 1500, they came because the Lords of the manor needed cheap farm labour.

Does it sound familiar?

Why, if I did the above, would I be arrested but when the above commit said acts...?

because they'll all deny it was they who broke the lock and blame the others, then all they've done is trespass which is a civil matter. If they all blame each other there is no jury in the land that could, without reasonable doubt, say who actually broke the lock.
They know it and they and they know hoe to work the laws to their advantage. Plod knows it too and knows that any investigations wouldn't result in a conviction.

Caught a couple of the thieving bastards nicking stuff off my drive once. They were items going to the tip anyway but that wasn't the point.Cheeky twats asked me if I wanted a receipt.

Its, once again, the sins of the father revisited on us.

They first appeared around 1500, they came because the Lords of the manor needed cheap farm labour.

Does it sound familiar?

I'm not having that Phil...

They are utter scum - you can't blame that on what happened over 500 years ago or on the privilege classes....

Last edited:
I'm sure it wasn't for the same reasons and I'm sure that all people want to see is for them to abide by the same laws of the land as the rest of us.
Your comment is a bit silly.

I completely agree except that gypsies failure to follow the law of the land was probably one of the reasons . I just thought the thread was going far right I had to try bring some balance