PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

CONFIRMED Alan Browne - Leaves PNE

Spoiler alert (apologies to @Staffordwhite)

Summary of every NES contribution to date & likely future:
- personal & football anecdotes
- PNE: lack of ambition
- PNE: lack of financial support when warranted

Haha! Yes, it's been a bit of a common theme, sadly.

Alan Browne was supposed to be in NES3 but pulled out on the morning of the interview (for reasons that were never made clear - although I have my suspicions).

Now I think it'll be a blessing in disguise for NES4 in a few years' time, as he'll be a bit more open than if he was still at the club with Ridsdale watching his every word.

Looking forward to it! 😅

Genuinely intrigued as to which sides in this division people do think is a step up I’m baffled honestly, think some of us need to actually grasp the situation that the club is in and the pace it’s moving forward and has been moving forward for quite some time.

We’re a step up to players who have uncertain futures in the championship, players from the leagues below us and maybe players trying to break there name in the English game.

Manager is a cock, statistically now the worst side in the league for attacking and inventive football, haven’t been in the play offs once in the 9 years we have been languishing around and averaged a finishing position of 11th place in those 9 years. We average in the bottom 7 for wages paid to a squad with an average age of around 26, so players getting toward there so called prime. We averaged attendances in the bottom 7 of the division last year and have a record transfer fee of 2.5 million. We also haven’t proved as a huge stepping stone for quite some time due to our awful contract and transfer policy. We’re also the only club within our size in the north west to never play in the Premier league.

Can someone please help me out and tell me why to someone with no affinity towards Preston North End would see this club as a massive step up on the majority of those in the division?

I know we love north end but, think some people need to have a bit of a look about.

Going to a club that don’t automatically go up the year after doesn’t mean it’s a sideways move, we’ve never gotten anywhere close. Going somewhere with a touch of ambition is a step up, a club that is at least trying to change there fortunes instead of lying about it.
How about two play-off finals 🤔

Browne willing to take a pay cut to join??

Is that after he’s banked the £4 million signing on fee??

🙄🙄🙄🙄

🙄🙄🙄🙄

R.457c5439ddcdc7d207760bcab46c744c

How about two play-off finals 🤔

If we are tantalising players with the knowledge we have been in and lost in two play off finals over 20 years ago I’d be very worried.

Tell them we are the invincibles of 100 years ago while we are at it and that we had David Beckham for a bit.

Don’t think it’s too shocking a player who didn’t use an agent or ever pulled any shifty leverage manoeuvres to get an extortionate wage is willing to move to a club for less money so long as he’s happy.

He said he wanted to finish his career here, he’s moving on for apparently less money.

Writing is on the wall, managers a dickhead and the clubs stagnating.

And so what? Player doesnt get on or agree with the manager > Player moves on to another club. Happens all of the time
just listened to interview with tennis player Liam Brady who has just spent 15 mons with his idol Pep G from City.....discussing how things work differently in footy than tennis (where the tennis player hires the coach).. Pep said its quite simple "we sit down, I tell them what I want from them; what they will have to accept and if they don't like it we dont sign them!"..... the manager makes the decision not the player about what he wants to do.

just listened to interview with tennis player Liam Brady who has just spent 15 mons with his idol Pep G from City.....discussing how things work differently in footy than tennis (where the tennis player hires the coach).. Pep said its quite simple "we sit down, I tell them what I want from them; what they will have to accept and if they don't like it we dont sign them!"..... the manager makes the decision not the player about what he wants to do.

A lot easier to be that way when you have a billion pounds worth of oil money to spend on replacing anyone who doesn't fall in line.

When your boss is telling you 'I've broken our transfer record for this lad, you better make it work', then things aren't so cut and dry.

How have you drawn that conclusion? Talk about grasping at straws
Simple really.

You say how much better Sunderland are than us and the “only” reason they had a lacklustre season was because they had managerial issues.

We finished 6 places above them with a manager that most on here would rather be gone. (me include)

It most definitely wasn’t the “only reason”

🙄🙄🙄🙄
£4m is obviously OTT but it's a fair point. Yes, he might be taking a pay cut on the face of it, but a seasoned championship captain will demand a pretty decent signing-on fee as a free transfer. More than enough to make up for the annual cut in wages he will take, you'd think.

So Browne willing to take a pay cut to join Sunderland eh? Maybe those saying things weren't all rosy in the garden behind the scenes may have been right after all?

I just think he isn’t worth the money he was on with us and I think he’s had a rude awakening with the offers from other clubs. I think Browne wanted out and I think north end wanted him out too. I don’t believe all this ‘club record’ deal stuff that came out from the club. It’s all smoke and mirrors. I genuinely believe north end think they can get better (proof will be in the pudding on that one) and with the money saved from his wages they might be able to get 2/3 players in. Unfortunately football moves on. It’s up to the club now to find better and fingers crossed we can do that. No one remembers DJ now because of Mads. Let’s hope the same thing happens now with Stefan 👍.

🙄🙄🙄🙄
What a dumb thing to say, every player would buggar off and sign on a free for that much every 3-4 years🙄 I bloody despair.