PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Alan Browne

Browne was our best player against Spurs.

He was quality defensively.

End of story.

It's just very odd seeing people praising Browne for this (and yes, he did well for that first hour defensively) but are overly critical of Potts for doing precisely the same thing week in, week out.

It's just very odd seeing people praising Browne for this (and yes, he did well for that first hour defensively) but are overly critical of Potts for doing precisely the same thing week in, week out.

Nothing odd at all. Potts doesn’t defend as well as Browne did last night - and when Potts has played on the right he’s been up against far inferior players than Browne last night.

He played very well at fullback. His defence was fine. A few good tackles in there. BUT he isn't a wingback. He hasn't got the pace or skill to beat a man so where ever he picks the ball up is as far forward as it goes.
He doesn't beat men when he plays in midfield, that isn't his game. Unfortunately we have plenty of engine room players and no RWB so he fills in there. Good job he is the second best RWB in the Championship.
Apparently he's 'playing out of his skin at wing back' 🙄

Yet it was no worse than Brady’s who I’ve not seen criticised once. Our best chance last night was set pieces and Brady either hit the first man or looped it beyond the back post every single time.
Abroad at the moment, only saw first half on T.V. Browne put a cross in from the left, ignoring an overlap in a better position. Hit it straight at the 1st.defender, it came straight back to him and he floated it right over everyone. Couple of minutes later, tried to cross from the right and sliced backwards. Is he just lazy, or lacking in quality, a bit of both I think.

Abroad at the moment, only saw first half on T.V. Browne put a cross in from the left, ignoring an overlap in a better position. Hit it straight at the 1st.defender, it came straight back to him and he floated it right over everyone. Couple of minutes later, tried to cross from the right and sliced backwards. Is he just lazy, or lacking in quality, a bit of both I think.

He's not playing with any kind of desire that's for sure but that's up to the manager to fix. Certainly a captain change would send a message.

Lowe is a very conservative manager though. He doesn't like to rock the boat at all.

Yet it was no worse than Brady’s who I’ve not seen criticised once. Our best chance last night was set pieces and Brady either hit the first man or looped it beyond the back post every single time.

Fair enough but Brady's general play was a lot better. The one twos were at least a nod towards creativity. I can take poor delivery from Browne, it's the lack of effort that pisses me off. He just seems angry all the time trying Hollywood passes. We lose so much possession because of him and that can't be said of Brady.

Fair enough but Brady's general play was a lot better. The one twos were at least a nod towards creativity. I can take poor delivery from Browne, it's the lack of effort that pisses me off. He just seems angry all the time trying Hollywood passes. We lose so much possession because of him and that can't be said of Brady.
To accuse him of a lack of effort is just utter nonsense and makes the rest of your post pointless.

He was outstanding defensively and had a bit of a poor game with the ball at his feet, Brady’s set pieces and crossing were also utter dogshit but nothing is said.

It’s bizarre and I don’t know why our fanbase seem to have it out for him.

Browne was our best player against Spurs.

He was quality defensively.

End of story.
hahahahahahahah.....just stopped laughing following your post. Best player? low(e) bar, granted. Joking, right? watch out, he will be our (false) rwb next match with fan appraisals like this. He might even still be our captain, spurring us on to a home draw, or victory or , and I hope and pray,some form of forward passing, mildly exciting footb all. sayi g that I did laugh out loud a couple of times last night.

Browne was utter dog wank after starting the game well. Can't continue with him at RWB if we want to be any sort of decent attacking side in this division.

Reading some of this lot is baffling. Comment from my Spurs supporting mates who made the journey 'Number 8 looked like he was going to be your best player in first 30 minutes but ended up being our best player.'

Those that don't like him will point to his wasted opportunities to attack. Those that do will point out his genuinely good defensive work to keep Sessegnon irrelevant.

He was fine. Not great, not bad. People are dumb and agenda driven.

But let's be fair, I could have kept Sessegnon quiet last night. He was Spurs' worst player.

To accuse him of a lack of effort is just utter nonsense and makes the rest of your post pointless.

He was outstanding defensively and had a bit of a poor game with the ball at his feet, Brady’s set pieces and crossing were also utter dogshit but nothing is said.

It’s bizarre and I don’t know why our fanbase seem to have it out for him.

I think it’s because many of us feel we aren’t seeing the best of him for some reason.

We have seen him play much better in the past.

I’ve always been a big fan of him but I’m finding him a very frustrating character at the moment.

Yesterday as others have said he played well defensively but was very lacking going forwards.

He used to be really competitive but in many games recently doesn’t seem to be challenging like he used to, gets beaten very easily physically.

He does get used as a jack of all trades which probably doesn’t do a lot for him.

Something isn’t right.......

No, but one of them gets fucking slated and nobody says a word about the other. Definition of a scapegoat and it’s embarrassing. The guys played over 300 games for us, the stick he gets is utterly baffling.
The Subject post is Browne not Brady. If the post subject was Brady I would have gave the same comment but on the proviso that Bradys passing was better but the crossing of the ball he was the same as Browne.