Alan Browne

KeithLard

Forum Patron
Patron
Wrong. He's not tagged in the original tweet. Look at the responses to the original tweet from the halfwit. They tagged him into the replies long before the game had ended so Alan would have been notified. He's not searched his own name at all.

Fair enough. Either way he shouldn’t be getting involved. Especially as we won! Now all the focus is on this pointless argument.

baysidepne

Living the dream
Patron
He’s not tagged. If he was his name in the tweet would have gone blue with @ at the start.

He’s literally looked for his name or more likely has Twitter setup so that “Alan Browne” is a key term and shows up high in his feed.
I think someone's tagged him in a reply to the initial tweet.

Twitter can be great, I don't follow thousands of people on there as mainly use it for news and some views (and also FPL but that's another story entirely) but can get why some people dislike it. All about opinions ultimately

MBcha

Staff member
Patron
It gets me really down when I read the horrible stuff on social media.
I think like anyone people can be criticised when not doing a good job whether its a footballer not performing well enough or whether its someone at a fast food restaurant forgetting to add the fries or something daft.

There is a way to criticise if necessary but tagging people, swearing etc is the complete wrong way to do it. Its counter productive and toxic - I'm sick of seeing it and its a huge part of what's making me feel more disconnected with the club.
It's an interesting point, were often currently discussing a disconnect between fans and the club, but what about the disconnect between fans and other fans?

This is why, although he wouldn't be my first choice from a footballing perspective, I really think we need Ainsworth. A manager who we all could get behind and bring fans, players and the coaching team back together (the hierarchy above that is a different issue).

Put some fight and passion back into our side and there'd be little reason for fans to lash out towards the likes of AB, and little reason for him to retaliate either.

Faith in FM is non-existent in the main, so even if he tells us the lads are working hard and giving their all, nobody believes the bloke. Give us some charisma on the sidelines and maybe we'd be more inclined to feel the players really are battling for us.

Malcy16

Manager
It's an interesting point, were often currently discussing a disconnect between fans and the club, but what about the disconnect between fans and other fans?

This is why, although he wouldn't be my first choice from a footballing perspective, I really think we need Ainsworth. A manager who we all could get behind and bring fans, players and the coaching team back together (the hierarchy above that is a different issue).

Put some fight and passion back into our side and there'd be little reason for fans to lash out towards the likes of AB, and little reason for him to retaliate either.

Faith in FM is non-existent in the main, so even if he tells us the lads are working hard and giving their all, nobody believes the bloke. Give us some charisma on the sidelines and maybe we'd be more inclined to feel the players really are battling for us.
Good point - I like what you are saying.

Living away from Preston makes it more difficult to keep in touch with the club so Twitter used to be a good point for me to check in to see how the club are doing. Usually I'll just search #pnefc and see what's what.

I've steered away from the LEP website (due to adverts all over the place) and the PNE website because you don't tend to get a clear indication of how the club is doing because they (rightfully) want to keep it positive. All my mates support Man United, Liverpool etc so it proves quite difficult.

The podcasts definitely help! So there's a plus!

I follow the EFL quite a bit so tend to see how other clubs are getting on as well as our own and getting the right manager in which gives the club more positive results can have a massive knock on effect and can help other issues off the field not seem as big. I think should Frankie turn it around or we get a new manager who starts generating more positive results and performances (we can't win every single game) then we might start seeing better times around Deepdale.

Malcy16

Manager
Jealous? Bored of the same shite week in week out it’s a shame he didn’t show that much passion at Blackpool ey
I thought he was probably the one that showed most passion?

We play in White shirts, navy shorts in case you didn't know 🤷‍♂️

JoshG93

Youth Team
I thought he was probably the one that showed most passion?

We play in White shirts, navy shorts in case you didn't know 🤷‍♂️
Oh we have a comedian here, he showed passion in the last minute getting him self sent off 😂one of our highest earners and you’d expect him to put in decent performances most weeks? Which is a rare at best! Doesn’t even deserve to be in the starting 11 never mind a captain

Ron Burgundy

Forum Patron
Patron
Oh we have a comedian here, he showed passion in the last minute getting him self sent off 😂one of our highest earners and you’d expect him to put in decent performances most weeks? Which is a rare at best! Doesn’t even deserve to be in the starting 11 never mind a captain

If you think the payment of wages should automatically transfer into a decent performance then I think you’re watching the wrong game.

Otherwise the league would be decided on the highest paid.

JoshG93

Youth Team
If you think the payment of wages should automatically transfer into a decent performance then I think you’re watching the wrong game.

Otherwise the league would be decided on the highest paid.
We give him a bumper contract and I’d like to expect that in return he could
Show some passion and actually play a decent game once in a while?