Alan Browne

Euxtonboy

Forum Patron
Patron
Good point - I like what you are saying.

Living away from Preston makes it more difficult to keep in touch with the club so Twitter used to be a good point for me to check in to see how the club are doing. Usually I'll just search #pnefc and see what's what.

I've steered away from the LEP website (due to adverts all over the place) and the PNE website because you don't tend to get a clear indication of how the club is doing because they (rightfully) want to keep it positive. All my mates support Man United, Liverpool etc so it proves quite difficult.

The podcasts definitely help! So there's a plus!

I follow the EFL quite a bit so tend to see how other clubs are getting on as well as our own and getting the right manager in which gives the club more positive results can have a massive knock on effect and can help other issues off the field not seem as big. I think should Frankie turn it around or we get a new manager who starts generating more positive results and performances (we can't win every single game) then we might start seeing better times around Deepdale.
The reports on the Lancs Live site are generally spot on and are not edited before by PNE [as seems to be the case with LEP]

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
The reports on the Lancs Live site are generally spot on and are not edited before by PNE [as seems to be the case with LEP]
Lancs Live definitely edit interview and presscall transcripts too - even when they stick a clickbaity "Every Word..." headline on it.

I've seen it myself when trying to match a recording of an interview with Lancs Live's edited version of the same thing, and Dave Seddon recently noted how this can distort things (here he was talking about the recent Maguire "keep your opinion to yourself" quote, which was given prominence by Lancs Live):

I feel for Browne, and can see why he’s bitten back at that clown.

But… this is all going to become even uglier if it carries on. The players and the manager seem to be adopting a mentality that all the fans are against them. However, they don’t seem to actually using it to motivate themselves, rather as a way of venting their frustration regarding their own poor performances or even as an excuse. You even have Ridsdale incessantly citing what’s been said to him when any semblance of valid criticism comes his way.

I have no idea what it’s like to be abused in a social media pile on like these lads do. But the disconnect which is being created is quite worrying.

norky84

Advisor to the Owner
I really don't have any problem with fans using social media or forums like this to state their displeasure or pleasure in the players performances, or the managers.

I don't agree with tagging the players when doing this though. It's just an unneeded and unnecessary distraction that creates bad feelings between players and the fans.

Durutti

Advisor to the Owner
I feel for Browne, and can see why he’s bitten back at that clown.

But… this is all going to become even uglier if it carries on. The players and the manager seem to be adopting a mentality that all the fans are against them. However, they don’t seem to actually using it to motivate themselves, rather as a way of venting their frustration regarding their own poor performances or even as an excuse. You even have Ridsdale incessantly citing what’s been said to him when any semblance of valid criticism comes his way.

I have no idea what it’s like to be abused in a social media pile on like these lads do. But the disconnect which is being created is quite worrying.
This for me, is the worry also. It's all very well firing back but once that becomes the norm, once the chairman goes on the podcast and says he supports it, where does it stop?

I feel we have a captain, a manager and a chairman who are all a bit obsessed about what is being said about them. Obsess about Saturday and winning.

pne_monster

Advisor to the Owner
This for me, is the worry also. It's all very well firing back but once that becomes the norm, once the chairman goes on the podcast and says he supports it, where does it stop?

I feel we have a captain, a manager and a chairman who are all a bit obsessed about what is being said about them. Obsess about Saturday and winning.
Quite.

ShankleyKop

First Team
The shit players get online is outrageous at times. Certain PNE players seem to always (no matter how well they are playing) bear the brunt of people’s frustrations, Browne being a prime example.

Browne for me has been playing pretty well lately but as usual seems to be an easy scapegoat when we have much bigger issues.

Personally I’d prefer Browne to steer clear of rising to moronic comments and abuse, he’s better than that, don’t need to lower himself to that level. It really doesn’t do any good stoking the fire.

Channel his energy into the on the pitch issues and silence the idiots with good performances.