Alan Browne

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
It was, of course, Browne who got across to block the shot in our box which led to the winner.

He’s certainly putting a shift in but there’s no need for him to engage with the Twitter numpties.

Baino

First Team
This for me, is the worry also. It's all very well firing back but once that becomes the norm, once the chairman goes on the podcast and says he supports it, where does it stop?

I feel we have a captain, a manager and a chairman who are all a bit obsessed about what is being said about them. Obsess about Saturday and winning.
Fair point. Or would we rather have the club controlling the players’ “social media narrative”, as Man Utd’s creepy CEO of communications outlined recently? This leads to bland platitudes of the “tweet something like… gutted to lose, fans were magnificent, we go again” variety.
I‘m torn between the two. Personally, I wouldn’t have engaged as AB did. Not least because it gives the original tweeter recognition he doesn’t deserve. But then again, his response gives us something to talk about. And I don’t see it as “embarrassing“, a word many have used to describe it.
On a different note, after his tweet following the Forest game, I was tempted to ask AB that if he thought it was a joke for the fans to have had a go at Potts, what exactly did he himself think of Potts’ attempt to block the shot that flew into our net. I could forgive Potts his open-goal miss but not that half-hearted attempt to get in the way of the ball. I would have hoped there would have been strong words, at the very least, in the dressing room. It would have been more interesting to hear AB’s take on that, rather than his view about the fans.

Durutti

Advisor to the Owner
Fair point. Or would we rather have the club controlling the players’ “social media narrative”, as Man Utd’s creepy CEO of communications outlined recently? This leads to bland platitudes of the “tweet something like… gutted to lose, fans were magnificent, we go again” variety.
I‘m torn between the two. Personally, I wouldn’t have engaged as AB did. Not least because it gives the original tweeter recognition he doesn’t deserve. But then again, his response gives us something to talk about. And I don’t see it as “embarrassing“, a word many have used to describe it.
On a different note, after his tweet following the Forest game, I was tempted to ask AB that if he thought it was a joke for the fans to have had a go at Potts, what exactly did he himself think of Potts’ attempt to block the shot that flew into our net. I could forgive Potts his open-goal miss but not that half-hearted attempt to get in the way of the ball. I would have hoped there would have been strong words, at the very least, in the dressing room. It would have been more interesting to hear AB’s take on that, rather than his view about the fans.

I don't that's needed either. Just need him to get off Twitter. Lots of us agree, there has been a marked improvement in his performance, just know that, be content with that and get off Twitter for a bit.

I preferred his restaurant stuff.

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
I think what Browne did last night was fine - one numpty singled Browne out with a bullshit criticism, and Browne calmly and humorously put him right.

One-on-one social media interactions like that are OK - it's the sweeping "absolute joke" type comments that should be avoided, because they tar 100s or 1000s of people with one brush, and that's always going to piss some of them off.

Libertine

Advisor to the Owner
I think what Browne did last night was fine - one numpty singled Browne out with a bullshit criticism, and Browne calmly and humorously put him right.

One-on-one social media interactions like that are OK - it's the sweeping "absolute joke" type comments that should be avoided, because they tar 100s or 1000s of people with one brush, and that's always going to piss some of them off.
Having said that the treatment of Potts at Forest was an absolute joke, but that's just my opinion.

Durutti

Advisor to the Owner

I don't disagree with what he's said to a bell end in that instance BUT, take the fuck off with the fan, the 'absolute joke' Potts thing, the sending off and throwing down the armband against Shitepool and now this, it's four little dramas in as many months. We're only quarter way through the fucking season. Do we have to play 'look at me' every month?

Head down, play football, score a fucking goal (it's been a while). He's definitely working hard and for that I give him credit.

It's just boring the stuff away from the football.

He needs a hobby. Meal photography?

Durutti

Advisor to the Owner
Having said that the treatment of Potts at Forest was an absolute joke, but that's just my opinion.

Potts IS poor right now. No doubt.

It was against Morecambe I finally 'got' Potts. He was the unsung hero of that night. Moved the ball around exactly where he wanted, found space, made critical passes and put a shift in. He's literally too good for L1 (Scott Laird said that on the podcast when he was a Posh player: they always feared him at that level). It he isn't quite up to it at the championship. It's weird.

noelpne

Forum Patron
Patron
Whatever personal crap that ( for all we know, which is next to sfa ) that Browney could have been going through these past coupla seasons,it looks like the Poor Form has bottomed-out & he could've turned the corner. To me there's no doubt he's on the Road back to Good Form.
However, he just ain't Captain Material. It's ovs to me that it should be someone in the back line , ( of 3, 4 or 5 ) & my choice is The BFG.
When he's unavailable, that's the place for Hunts....you might think he's knocking on a bit, but he reads it well and shouts out to the others well.
Just let Browney play, and if there's ANYONE on the team who should have a "licence-to-roam" , it's him.
Wasted at the back.

Durutti

Advisor to the Owner
Whatever personal crap that ( for all we know, which is next to sfa ) that Browney could have been going through these past coupla seasons,it looks like the Poor Form has bottomed-out & he could've turned the corner. To me there's no doubt he's on the Road back to Good Form.
However, he just ain't Captain Material. It's ovs to me that it should be someone in the back line , ( of 3, 4 or 5 ) & my choice is The BFG.
When he's unavailable, that's the place for Hunts....you might think he's knocking on a bit, but he reads it well and shouts out to the others well.
Just let Browney play, and if there's ANYONE on the team who should have a "licence-to-roam" , it's him.
Wasted at the back.

He looks to me like the hip op has gone well and he's had some time out with DJ in there to recover. He looks over the thing that was making him look a bit shit.

grarmy

Advisor to the Owner
All these people saying, he is our captain and earning xxx amount...so f*cking what??? He is a human being with feelings ... being in the 'privileged' position he is does not make it okay to be called all the names under the sun. Imagine that was your wife/husband/mum/dad being called a c*nt - i bet it wouldn't be right then.
Social media is an absolute Cancer!
So why is he on it?

noelpne

Forum Patron
Patron
Worst PNE captain in our history?
Wasn't John Moshino our captain,
one time?........Clark Carlisle ?

But back to Browney.....coming on better nowadays, but Captains should be some from the back-4 /5 players, someone who sees all the rest of the pitch from behind the play.
If anyone could have a 'licence to roam' wherever they felt they were simply needed most, it should be Browney.

buckshawwhite

Advisor to the Owner
He was in a tustle with the guy who shoved him away and Browne stood in his ‘zone’ whilst said player he’s abundances of space to score
Have you actually considered offering Alan Browne an apology for your unfortunate tweet? We all understand that things are said in the heat of the moment. Actually tweeting & calling a player a C U Next Tuesday is way beyond my comprehension

bowlandwhites

Advisor to the Owner
I don't disagree with what he's said to a bell end in that instance BUT, take the fuck off with the fan, the 'absolute joke' Potts thing, the sending off and throwing down the armband against Shitepool and now this, it's four little dramas in as many months. We're only quarter way through the fucking season. Do we have to play 'look at me' every month?

Head down, play football, score a fucking goal (it's been a while). He's definitely working hard and for that I give him credit.

It's just boring the stuff away from the football.

He needs a hobby. Meal photography?
So what should people who continually abuse players & pulling the the club up on every single thing they do 😂😂😂
I think your post applies to posters on here more than Browne .Get off his back & get your tickets bought for rovers & give them some backing.

Wasted at the back.
at blackpool the other week it looked like most of the players just started to head straight down the tunnel, and Pat and another player appeared to tell them all to come clap the fans who came

Durutti

Advisor to the Owner
So what should people who continually abuse players & pulling the the club up on every single thing they do 😂😂😂

They should get a life. A professional footballer bickering with them online isn't going to persuade them to do that though. Make em look idiotic by putting in a MOTM display would be a better solution all round.

As I have said, Browne deserves his place back in the team, focus on that, leave the keyboard warriors to their little lives.