Alex Neil 1/1 SkyBet West Brom Manager

PNEF

Reserve
Saw all those cameras around him at the start of the Leeds game, thought it was strange. Checked SkyBet odds for next West Brom manager and Alex Neil is suddenly odds on at 1/1. Bookies are rarely wrong when odds are that short. I hope he isn't leaving but it is not looking good I am afraid.

OP
PNEF

PNEF

Reserve
Apologies 1/1 isn't the same as odds on but he has gone favourite to get the job with Sam Allardyce second favourite.

paolo poggi

Advisor to the Owner
Saw all those cameras around him at the start of the Leeds game, thought it was strange. Checked SkyBet odds for next West Brom manager and Alex Neil is suddenly odds on at 1/1. Bookies are rarely wrong when odds are that short. I hope he isn't leaving but it is not looking good I am afraid.

He sent two dreadful sides out against Sheffield and Leeds, and has proven that he isn't capable of overcoming the tradition of perennial nose bleeders at Deepdale.
Ironically, the guest at half time tonight was Monsieur Mawene, part of the last North End side to bottle it at the last hurdle.

sports rehab

Advisor to the Owner
not sure sent two dreadful sides is a fair comment,,,, I'm sure he would have started Hughes Potts & Barky if he could, and maybe Gally.

A fit Browne; Pearson & Maguire would have helped too.

paolo poggi

Advisor to the Owner
Selecting Robinson is the worst decision Neil has made throughout his tenure. The lad is clearly not fit, quick or brave enough to command a place in the starting 16.

wld

Forum Patron
Patron
not sure sent two dreadful sides is a fair comment,,,, I'm sure he would have started Hughes Potts & Barky if he could, and maybe Gally.

A fit Browne; Pearson & Maguire would have helped too.

Absolutely, the only criticism could be not starting Stockley but there could be all kinds of things we’re not aware of. I suspect (or hope) the softly softly approach with Stockley will pay dividends next season

A fit Pearson would probably have caught Bamford as well. He’s clearly playing through the pain barrier, very laudable but he’s now got the chance of a rest!

Final Stand

Forum Patron
Patron
Absolutely, the only criticism could be not starting Stockley but there could be all kinds of things we’re not aware of. I suspect (or hope) the softly softly approach with Stockley will pay dividends next season

A fit Pearson would probably have caught Bamford as well. He’s clearly playing through the pain barrier, very laudable but he’s now got the chance of a rest!

Another rest, good for him.

Pennyhome

Manager
Neil's body language at the end of the game says to me he is 100% off to WBA. Players will see and feel that too.
Seems so, no coincidence that since the international break and it being touted that he was going at the end of the season, that we’ve lost 3 in a row, could well go from 12 unbeaten to not winning again this season

STF72

Manager
Personally not bothered if AN goes, this is his team he can’t change his tactics has certain favourites. Just like at Millwall should’ve taken Pearson off at halftime for Ledson. If he goes he won’t last the season at WBA