Alex Neil 1/1 SkyBet West Brom Manager

JohnPNE

Advisor to the Owner
His record with keepers is horrific.

He would probably sell Johnstone & replace him with Ripley.

He’s only signed three keepers.

Crowe was only ever going to be third choice and was signed as a third choice keeper.

Ripley was an awful signing.

And Iverson.

So I wouldn’t say Iverson is that bad to be labelled as horrific.

pne1881

Advisor to the Owner

Crowe was only ever going to be third choice and was signed as a third choice keeper.

And Iverson.

I'd say 2 out of 3 who were shocking is horrific.

JohnPNE

Advisor to the Owner
I'd say 2 out of 3 who were shocking is horrific.

I think the outstanding keeper outweighs the two bad ones considering one was only signed as third choice anyway and Iverson saved us plenty of points last season.

Just my opinion of course but Iverson is the best keeper at PNE since Nash (and I include Pickford in that as well)

GloucesterPete

Advisor to the Owner
According to the BBC website, Radio WM reporting AN is not in the running for the job.

Probably means that he'll be appointed by Monday ! 😀

JohnPNE

Advisor to the Owner
Iversen is definitely not as good as Pickford, Iversen's distribution isn't Prem standard. Similar level in terms of shot stopping & command.

Agree that Pickford had better distribution but I actually think Iverson is better at decision making and command which is what wins it for me.

He’s very calm and assured were as sometimes Pickford can be quite rash even now. Pickford was a class keeper for us no doubt about it but it’s just Iverson’s very calm and I like that in a keeper.

Doyler

Manager
Agree that Pickford had better distribution but I actually think Iverson is better at decision making and command which is what wins it for me.

He’s very calm and assured were as sometimes Pickford can be quite rash even now. Pickford was a class keeper for us no doubt about it but it’s just Iverson’s very calm and I like that in a keeper.
I can only remember two mistakes Pickford made for us - Huddersfield away on Boxing Day when he let in a corner, and Birmingham (H) on a Tuesday night, a game in which he single-handedly kept us.

JohnPNE

Advisor to the Owner
I can only remember two mistakes Pickford made for us - Huddersfield away on Boxing Day when he let in a corner, and Birmingham (H) on a Tuesday night, a game in which he single-handedly kept us.

Shef Wednesday away as well.

Not criticising him because he was something special back then everyone knew that.

There’s not much between Iverson and Pickford at all. I like both keepers they are/were excellent for us. But I prefer Iverson because overall I just think he’s a bit calmer.

People may disagree and think Pickford is better which is fine it’s their view but I think Iverson is slightly better.

kitman99

Cleaner of Boots
Patron
The point about being calm as a Keeper is such an underrated one. You can be as skilled as you like, but if you make a rash decision or lose your bottle it's so costly. Fouls are likely penalties, wrong decisions goals.

Not the same as an outfielder who might not be as punished for the same mistakes.

JohnPNE

Advisor to the Owner
Pickford was and is a better keeper. Both are great shot stoppers, but Pickford's command of his area and distribution are outstanding.

Is his command of the area outstanding? It’s good but if it was outstanding he would be playing for a club higher than Everton.

Im just thinking of the mistakes he has made this season and last season for Everton (Liverpool away for example.)

Personally I think Pickford is a quality keeper but he has never quite made it to the next level - European club and there must be a reason for that and the one thing that constantly lets him down is command of the area/decision making.

Pumba

Advisor to the Owner
Is his command of the area outstanding? It’s good but if it was outstanding he would be playing for a club higher than Everton.

Im just thinking of the mistakes he has made this season and last season for Everton (Liverpool away for example.)

Personally I think Pickford is a quality keeper but he has never quite made it to the next level - European club and there must be a reason for that and the one thing that constantly lets him down is command of the area/decision making.
I think Pickford still has a fair amount of potential to grow into truth be told. He’s only 27 which is adolescent in keeper years.

I think his exceptional performance at 2018 WC raised expectations of how good he could become and I don’t think he’s handled the pressure all that well tbh.

JohnPNE

Advisor to the Owner
I think Pickford still has a fair amount of potential to grow into truth be told. He’s only 27 which is adolescent in keeper years.

I think his exceptional performance at 2018 WC raised expectations of how good he could become and I don’t think he’s handled the pressure all that well tbh.

He was really good at the World Cup. To
Be fair 27 is very young for a keeper so he could improve still and be even better.

I think he gets a bit too ‘up for it’ when he plays which leads to mistakes and maybe that is because of the pressure because he wasn’t like that before the World Cup.

And Iverson.

We signed Iverson due to Pollits recommendation as he worked with him at Rotherham probably give him half a point for it, but minus points for the other 2, one never needed, one we paid some serious (for us) chunk on.

Doyler

Manager
Shef Wednesday away as well.

Not criticising him because he was something special back then everyone knew that.

There’s not much between Iverson and Pickford at all. I like both keepers they are/were excellent for us. But I prefer Iverson because overall I just think he’s a bit calmer.

People may disagree and think Pickford is better which is fine it’s their view but I think Iverson is slightly better.
Yep fair enough. I'd have to go for Pickford personally, but you can't argue that Iverson has kept us in loads of games.

JJ_PNE

Advisor to the Owner
I always felt the Ripley signing was a panic buy as Rudd was playing poorly at the time of his signing and Trev wanted someone else in who could preferably command their area.