PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Alex Neil 1/1 SkyBet West Brom Manager

I always felt the Ripley signing was a panic buy as Rudd was playing poorly at the time of his signing and Trev wanted someone else in who could preferably command their area.

Yeah, he looked sound for the first twenty minutes of his first team debut, then we started seeing what he was actually capable of ☹

Is his command of the area outstanding? It’s good but if it was outstanding he would be playing for a club higher than Everton.

Im just thinking of the mistakes he has made this season and last season for Everton (Liverpool away for example.)

Personally I think Pickford is a quality keeper but he has never quite made it to the next level - European club and there must be a reason for that and the one thing that constantly lets him down is command of the area/decision making.

Yeah, I think it is. His judgment is sometimes slightly off, hence a couple of mistakes, like a better version of Maxwell. But I'd always rather someone who was willing to take the risks than who'd hide on their line to avoid getting roughed up.

I think Pickford still has a fair amount of potential to grow into truth be told. He’s only 27 which is adolescent in keeper years.

I think his exceptional performance at 2018 WC raised expectations of how good he could become and I don’t think he’s handled the pressure all that well tbh

His arms are like little baby T-rex arms

That's about the full capacity of my football spiel for tonight people.

Thank you and goodnight.

I assume this is happening then.

Owner pulled them going for WIlder at last minute, David Wagner changed his mind and they don't want to pay compo for Appleton.

Bit of a commute though!

Edit; Given they always do well with loan signings at this level (last time they got in likes of Harvey Barnes and Dwight Gayle on loans coming down) really interested who he'd target as would be step up on likes of Stockley and Ripley for sure.

I assume this is happening then.

Owner pulled them going for WIlder at last minute, David Wagner changed his mind and they don't want to pay compo for Appleton.

Bit of a commute though!

Edit; Given they always do well with loan signings at this level (last time they got in likes of Harvey Barnes and Dwight Gayle on loans coming down) really interested who he'd target as would be step up on likes of Stockley and Ripley for sure.
I read this morning that they have contacted Derek McInnes about the job.

The only rumours about Neil seem to be coming from the imagination of Lancs Live as far as I can tell.

To be fair I think it came from the West Brom end first on social media.

Lance Live have then ran with it because they’re very much on the ball with rumours etc. compared to LEP.

To be fair I think it came from the West Brom end first on social media.

Lance Live have then ran with it because they’re very much on the ball with rumours etc. compared to LEP.
There’s a whole network of ‘Live’ sites that feed rumours to each other by the look of things. I would suggest it’s the Post that is more on the ball by not posting continuous rumours.

There’s a whole network of ‘Live’ sites that feed rumours to each other by the look of things. I would suggest it’s the Post that is more on the ball by not posting continuous rumours.
I don’t agree. I think George Hodgson is decent at his job and is always at the forefront of transfers and/or stories.

I think their lack of affiliation with the club itself allows them to break things quicker or push things that are a bit uncomfortable.

I don’t agree. I think George Hodgson is decent at his job and is always at the forefront of transfers and/or stories.

I think their lack of affiliation with the club itself allows them to break things quicker or push things that are a bit uncomfortable.
Also they have to generate a hell of a lot of clickbait every day.

Also they have to generate a hell of a lot of clickbait every day.
I’d rather sit and read “5 free transfers North End should sign” in a nice and straightforward fashion than try to navigate the LEP site for any extended period of time.

Yeah cos the LEP never does clickbait.
Course they do.

But Lancs Live do more.

And they do cross-pollinate the same spurious stories across all their "Live" titles.

I only look at the PNE sections btw, I don't have an opinion on anything else in there.

Latest Lancs Live scoop:

Course they do.

But Lancs Live do more.

And they do cross-pollinate the same spurious stories across all their "Live" titles.

I only look at the PNE sections btw, I don't have an opinion on anything else in there.

Latest Lancs Live scoop:
Well to be fair that’s the first place I have seen reporting our interest in Brown.

And then followed up on here by two ITK posters confirming our interest.

That doesn’t seem like clickbait to me. Unless I’ve missed that it was broken elsewhere and reposted by them.

Well to be fair that’s the first place I have seen reporting our interest in Brown.

And then followed up on here by two ITK posters confirming our interest.

That doesn’t seem like clickbait to me. Unless I’ve missed that it was broken elsewhere and reposted by them.
Just glance down their PNE page to see their policy in action:

I'm sure it works great for them too - they get to publish the original rumour about some player, then if they're lucky they can squeeze out a "hotting up" article that largely repeats the original, then eventually they'll cover the outcome - which almost always confirms the player isn't signing for us after all.

Of course, if the player does sign, we're treated to a glut of articles there too - from first words to three things.

But there are far more articles than there is news.

Just glance down their PNE page to see their policy in action:

I'm sure it works great for them too - they get to publish the original rumour about some player, then if they're lucky they can squeeze out a "hotting up" article that largely repeats the original, then eventually they'll cover the outcome - which almost always confirms the player isn't signing for us after all.

Of course, if the player does sign, we're treated to a glut of articles there too - from first words to three things.

But there are far more articles than there is news.
Well their most recent scoops in my eyes have been Iversen verbally agreed and then Izzy Brown is of interest. Lancs Live was the first place I saw both those stories and they both have legs/truth in them.

I take your point re the articles and the amount of them but for me they do a good job of aggregating stories/gossip/rumours from Twitter for people who don’t use it.

If some low quality articles and slightly click baiting articles keep the pop up ads/surveys and pay walls away then I’m all for it.