Alex Neil You're An Embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lenny

Advisor to the Owner
In retrospect, I agree on that to a degree. Can't remember what the fixture congestion was like around the time though, were we trying to keep players fit for a promotion tilt?
If you were fit and in the first team you played , fixture congestion I don’t think ever came into it and there was only 1 sub

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
Nothing to stop AN walking then if he doesn’t like it.
Not really. In any job, if a person doesn’t like certain conditions or things about the job, or how they are being managed or the resources they are being provided, it doesn’t mean they should simply walk away from it and suffer the financial consequences as a result.

Perhaps they actually want to stay in the role and work to improve the organisation and push it forward ?

Personally I’ve always got the impression that whilst Neil is in it for himself as much as the next man, he genuinely does like being at PNE and feels there is an opportunity for the club to progress. And the things that the club do which hold that back frustrate him greatly.

If our club policy is going to be the the manager has to put up or shut up with whatever TH or PR decide, then we won’t attract many good managers in future.

Ron Burgundy

Advisor to the Owner
Not really. In any job, if a person doesn’t like certain conditions or things about the job, or how they are being managed or the resources they are being provided, it doesn’t mean they should simply walk away from it and suffer the financial consequences as a result.

Perhaps they actually want to stay in the role and work to improve the organisation and push it forward ?

Personally I’ve always got the impression that whilst Neil is in it for himself as much as the next man, he genuinely does like being at PNE and feels there is an opportunity for the club to progress. And the things that the club do which hold that back frustrate him greatly.

If our club policy is going to be the the manager has to put up or shut up with whatever TH or PR decide, then we won’t attract many good managers in future.

Part of me feels was Neil getting frustrated at the constant questioning over transfers and contracts when TH/PR let him know that January will be the time to let loose with the purse strings.

pne1881

Advisor to the Owner

If what we are led to believe by those ITK your last sentence is pretty much the way that it works though.

How many times do you read on here such & such is shite but it’s only because he was AN’s 5th choice? After every poor performance basically.

Tugg Speedman

Forum Patron
Patron
Yeah I thought you articulated your concerns really well at the time

Yaawwnn....

my post is out there regarding stockley and us playing without wingers. Since you are obviously so bothered about tripping me up and you put some effort in to find that post of mine that you quoted above, I'm sure you will be able to find the other one.

I know what I said. Cheers.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
Yaawwnn....

my post is out there regarding stockley and us playing without wingers. Since you are obviously so bothered about tripping me up and you put some effort in to find that post of mine that you quoted above, I'm sure you will be able to find the other one.

I know what I said. Cheers.
Nope. You did manage to contradict yourself in one thread about him though

Sadly it doesn't to me look like Stockley is up to it at this level. Hope I'm wrong though.

I've liked Stockley since I watched his first interview when he signed - he has a fantastic attitude. Great header the other night and he knows where the net is. Just concerned that he's not got any pace, but if used the right way he is an asset. Maguire, Moult and Robinson are ahead of him though for me, when fit.

No mention of wingers. Cracking tool the search function.

sf

Forum Patron
Patron
Based on that Stockley thread, my concerns and wants haven't changed in two years because we won't pay 2020 prices for a striker.

We'd be a much, much better team if we had signed Keiffer Moore when he was originally identified.

Seems Neil is definitely keen on someone who is decent in the air, hard to say whether this guy can step up though.

Would probably prefer someone who is good with his back to goal and a strong runner myself, a bull type player like Martyn Waghorn (obviously not him) but I trust Neil.

Think we miss Hugill's presence at the other end of the pitch at times, he was surprisingly good at defending set pieces, feels like we're a body short in the box at times this season.

Connor S

Youth Team
We don't play with wingers, our by line delivery is poor/none.
Stockley and ALL others who thrive on crosses, and have built their reputation on headers/crosses, will ALL fail.... their fault???

HunterLionheart

Forum Patron
Patron
Ah so it took you 2 years to work out that Stockley would benefit from playing with wingers.

Not quite bemused about a signing is it...

And stalking? You asked me to go and look you bell sniff
In fairness, that's only one year.

Point stands though, he's hardly captain foresight.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
In fairness, that's only one year.

Point stands though, he's hardly captain foresight.
I'm just bored of people making shit up claiming they knew this that and the other.

There are a few on here that do it.

Looking at Stockley's numbers I was quite confident he would have a decent impact when he signed. We were warned by Exeter fans he was slow as shit though.

I was very wrong. As much as he comes across as a proper likeable lad he is way out of his depth in the Championship.

Tugg Speedman

Forum Patron
Patron
Aww bless.

Stop claiming shit that isn't true then.
What I said was true. It's there in black and white. Doesn't matter what date I posted it (which was Jan 2020 BTW, so 1 year after we signed Stockley, not 2 years).

Diddums don't you like it because you've failed to trip me up?

You're the one talking shit.

paddysr

Bearded Beauty
Staff member
Patron
What I said was true. It's there in black and white. Doesn't matter what date I posted it (which was Jan 2020 BTW, so 1 year after we signed Stockley, not 2 years).

Diddums don't you like it because you've failed to trip me up?

You're the one talking shit.
You said it a year after he signed. A year.

So yeah you are talking shit when you claim you "were bemused why we would sign a player who scores so many headed goals when we don't play with wingers"

Tugg Speedman

Forum Patron
Patron
You said it a year after he signed. A year.

So yeah you are talking shit when you claim you "were bemused why we would sign a player who scores so many headed goals when we don't play with wingers"
Ha ha give over.

All I said was that others (including me) were bemused about signing Stockley because we play without wingers.

If you really want to have a go at me so you can feel better, then have a go at me for not having a photographic memory, because what I actually said was that we play without strikers and don't put crosses in from the wings.

And I said it 12 months ago oh mighty one. If that's not OK with you, tough shit. Fact is, I said it, when you claimed firstly that I didn't say it and then that it took me 2 years.

Quit whilst you're behind 🤣

europne

Advisor to the Owner
North Ends strategy for Wycombe away in the cup.

Now we know Wycombe will be up for it and quite physical so we have to put a good team out to compete.

So what we will do is get all the players who are out of form and those lacking confidence and those short on game time , when we have that list we will sort out who plays where. We can say it’s a strong team but if we win it will be a bloody miracle 😂.

Then if they don’t perform we can say we’ve given them a chance and they let us and themselves down.

Then we can concentrate on the league........🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.