Alex Neil You're An Embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealPayne

Youth Team
Think outside the box James, the talent is there, players that is, but rewarding mediocrity is doomsday recipe, this roller coaster ride is giving me motion sickness, everyone works with budget constraints, we need change, I'm not Robinson Crusoe on this, the people are revolting........

And yet he’s run rings round Alex ‘Tactical Genius’ Neil twice in the past six weeks. 🤔

He’s taken a club that could barely put a team out when he joined, with a tiny fan base and minimal resources to one step below the biggest league in the world, without bitching once about lack of resources.

The supporters love him and he’s known for his honest and passionate approach, with players habitually giving everything they’ve got in every game.

He also loves North End and would immediately help bridge the gaping disconnect between large sections of the fan base and the current manager (source: pne-online poll).

He’s apparently crap at talking about ‘transitions’, ‘first goals’, ‘blocks’, etc though and couldn’t possibly give us any improvement on the worst football I’ve seen at Deepdale in 40 years, from the most miserable manager since Gordon Lee. 😏

But I’d still love to see him at the mic on the Harris steps belting out ‘WILD THING’ at some point in the future. 😎
And good on him for what he has achieved so far..... but he hasn’t proved anything at this level yet and so he would be a sentimental punt if he were appointed.
we have a lot of (bad) form with sentimental punts - it not often they work out. we have one sat at home just now having been cast adrift (nugent).
i do like the fact he is ‘different‘ to just about every other manager out there in his style. Beats the pocket billiard, tracksuited brigade any day

Henrys Cat

Forum Patron
Patron
I've watched countless games on TV this weekend from the FA Cup and even Aberdeen v Rangers this afternoon. Currently watching Newport and Brighton. To me the most striking thing is, that ever team I've watched, winners or losers have played with more energy than North End generally do. This can only be under instruction from the manager. We are so incredibley slow.

pnenycx

Forum Patron
Patron
To me the most striking thing is, that ever team I've watched, winners or losers have played with more energy than North End generally do. This can only be under instruction from the manager. We are so incredibley slow.
We are the worst team in the league!

Status
Not open for further replies.