PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Alex Neil

FootballcrazyP_

Crazy Bird Man
Patron
I changed my mind again. I gave him till new year and thought it was over for him, but he's proving me wrong and I am glad he is.

Yes definitely keep.

Apologies to Alex, and thanks for proving me wrong. Felt the way he changed the formation tonight without the players suffering was great. It deserved more than we got.

Fair play to the OP for putting his hand up.

It's a bit late now though. Too many supporters didn't stand by him when he had a bit of a wobble (which IMO he did, even allowing for the horrendous injury situation we found ourselves in).

When some other club comes knocking for our excellent manager with an offer that is attractive, but perhaps not compelling, then it's things like this that might help him make his decision.

I knocked him at one point too thinking his time was coming to an end during that really bad run. I hold my hands up too.

Best tactician since I've supported PNE.

There's a reason someone like Bielsa is so complimentary about us.

Lampard was very complimentary about us post match, too.

Best manager we have had since Wee Billy.

Just to add, I supported him 100%, even during the lean spell.

Nice to be justified.

Really glad to see him doing well. I backed him and it’s good to see him and the team starting to pick up again. Great tactician, be a shame when he eventually leaves us.

Every decent manager leaves us at some point, just as every decent player does.

I know what you're trying to say with the whole attractive offer vs compelling offer, but Alex Neil strikes me as a very ambitious man and a very driven man. Those two ingredients will mean he will only take the offer that suits his personal circumstances and goals. He won't go for money, he will go for ambition. For instance I doubt he'd go to Blackburn (money) unless they gave him free reign but pick a club with a completed training ground and premier league facilities that would offer him a half decent wage and I bet he'd go.

To be fair even I had a wobble at half time in the away game at Villa. My timing was shit!!!

You have to look at the bigger picture.

Remember, that in the 2004/05 PO season, BD didn't get a home win until November.

Patience young Grasshopper, patience.

Hopefully Alex will be happy in his job now after good backing in this window and keeping hold of our best players.

Hopefully Alex will be happy in his job now after good backing in this window and keeping hold of our best players.

One thing that AN has hopefully noticed is that we are not a club that sacks managers on a whim. There are plenty of clubs where the manager would not have survived a run like the one we had before the away game at Villa. That may count for something.

Last night: Lampard brought on an extra defender. We changed formation pushing midfielders further forward.

Neil is precisely the kind of manager I want at North End. No wonder these players are playing with such belief.

I changed my mind again. I gave him till new year and thought it was over for him, but he's proving me wrong and I am glad he is.

Yes definitely keep.

Apologies to Alex, and thanks for proving me wrong. Felt the way he changed the formation tonight without the players suffering was great. It deserved more than we got.

Good Man..... Never easy to hold your hand up. Every credit!.........PS... You are correct this time so don't change your mind again. :)

Fair play to the OP for putting his hand up.

It's a bit late now though. Too many supporters didn't stand by him when he had a bit of a wobble (which IMO he did, even allowing for the horrendous injury situation we found ourselves in).

When some other club comes knocking for our excellent manager with an offer that is attractive, but perhaps not compelling, then it's things like this that might help him make his decision.

That's completely unfair Regardless..... The vast vast majority stuck with him and many even laughed at the suggestion that he wasn't the man for the job.

You have to look at the bigger picture.

Remember, that in the 2004/05 PO season, BD didn't get a home win until November.

Patience young Grasshopper, patience.

Moyes didn't exactly hit the ground running either and that was with many of his own team mates.....

That's completely unfair Regardless..... The vast vast majority stuck with him and many even laughed at the suggestion that he wasn't the man for the job.

Nope. Not in the slightest unfair.

I did say "too many" didn't stand by him - it was certainly more than the "tiny tiny minority" that you seem to be indicating there. For a while, the loudest people... including from some very influential supporters, were lighting their torches.