Alex Neil's position

sf

Manager
Can't remember when in the season that was, did O'Hanlon have us finishing 8th?

Where were we while Moyes was still here.

Doc Brown

First Team
Have we lost managers at such a key stage of the season while we've been in play-off contention though?
It is not so much how losing Neil would affect us this season (which is all but over IMO), but how it will impact us for the next one. Losing Neil would be a huge blow IMO, I seriously hope this rumor is not true.

europne

Manager
WBA are desperate for promotion as they have borrowed from the bank against next seasons parachute payment. It sounds like another poison chalice of a job to me.

Which is why their owners have panicked and sacked the manager even though they are4th.

I really can’t see AN being tempted to such a dodgy position.

simo

First Team
Can't remember when in the season that was, did O'Hanlon have us finishing 8th?

Where were we while Moyes was still here.
Missed POs by 3 pts. Think Moyes went around about now. Inconclusive as O'Hanlon didn't do too badly but I doubt it helped much.

Reactions: sf

sf

Manager
It is not so much how losing Neil would affect us this season (which is all but over IMO), but how it will impact us for the next one. Losing Neil would be a huge blow IMO, I seriously hope this rumor is not true.
Yeah 100%, Neil is getting the best out of everyone at Deepdale.

Still think losing him now is much worse than the summer though as I believe we're still in with a shot, although it largely rests on tonight.

Didn't pay attention to who I was responding to though, or else I wouldn't have bothered.

volley

Reserve
Missed POs by 3 pts. Think Moyes went around about now. Inconclusive as O'Hanlon didn't do too badly but I doubt it helped much.
Moyes joined Everton on 14th March, O'Hanlon's first match was Burnley away on 17th March. Manager for 8 matches w4, d1 l3.

ernest

Manager
Moyes joined Everton on 14th March
Curioiusly the last match of Moyes' predecessor at Everton was an FA Cup in which they were knocked out on TV in a shambolic performance against, as I recall, our opponents tonight - I remember watching the broadcast and thinking that it probably meant we would be needing a new manager shortly.

PNEroulette

First Team
If AN is offered the job and turns it down to stay loyal to us his popularity and support from fans and players here would probably go through the roof .
It could turn into something that could motivate us to get in the PL this season.

White123

First Team
Hope Jokanovic gets it.

Bigger budget. Higher salary. Already in play off places. Very hard to turn down.
Aye but what AN should realise is that expectations are a hell of a lot higher.

If he goes on a bad run he'll be out of a job before he knows it. Remember - this is a club who have now sacked three managers in the past season and a bit.

They may go up they may not. But if we manage to finish 6th (which we have a good chance of doing) I would fancy us more than any other side to get promoted. I think West Brom will not go for AN but if they do I can't see him going. I may naïve in thinking that but I honestly do think that.

Henry Weston

Forum Patron
Patron
Aye but what AN should realise is that expectations are a hell of a lot higher.

If he goes on a bad run he'll be out of a job before he knows it. Remember - this is a club who have now sacked three managers in the past season and a bit.

They may go up they may not. But if we manage to finish 6th (which we have a good chance of doing) I would fancy us more than any other side to get promoted. I think West Brom will not go for AN but if they do I can't see him going. I may naïve in thinking that but I honestly do think that.
Call me naive as well but I also have a feeling that he wouldn’t go 🤞