PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Alex Neil's position

I thought Grayson would never go to Sunderland after his supportive comments in a PNE interview... just before he left.

The problem is that as a North End fan you know that the path of your life is covered with cow pats from the devils own satanic horde. The Law of Sod says he'll go!

The problem is that as a North End fan you know that the path of your life is covered with cow pats from the devils own satanic horde. The Law of Sod says he'll go!

Would be typical PNE if he did go and wouldn't be a big surprise.

Personally, I don't see anything to worry about for several years. Even longer if Alex Neil gets the Premier prize...

... and even if NE get relegated again.

The messages are very clear this time. Unusual, admittedly.

Regarding the posts just in : is it time to set aside fatalism ? This club is well-run now.

Not sure how any can be confident, he's said absolutely nothing concrete whatsoever, no point trying to read between the lines because you can make anything fit what you want it to fit.

If they come in for him, he will go. Of that I have no doubt and I absolutely would not hold it against him.

I’m not so sure he would go. He is building up reputation very well here without interference or threat to job. He gets us promoted and he will make himself attractive to bigger clubs than West Brom. Why gamble that away on a club that could potentially destroy that.

The more worrying thing for myself is who do you replace Alex with if he did go?

There isn't a great deal out there, just a load of shite useless unemployed managers like Hughes, Pardew, etc, none of which I would ever want here.

The only positive I can think of is that Alex stays and uses this to squeeze some extra summertime ££££s out of Hemmings for the 1st team.

Would have to be Steve Thompson till the end of the season for me, not the time to leave things up in the air.

Not sure how any can be confident, he's said absolutely nothing concrete whatsoever, no point trying to read between the lines because you can make anything fit what you want it to fit.

If they come in for him, he will go. Of that I have no doubt and I absolutely would not hold it against him.

Exactly.

Wouldn't be leaving with my blessing though.

The more worrying thing for myself is who do you replace Alex with if he did go?

There isn't a great deal out there, just a load of shite useless unemployed managers like Hughes, Pardew, etc, none of which I would ever want here.

The only positive I can think of is that Alex stays and uses this to squeeze some extra summertime ££££s out of Hemmings for the 1st team.

Good luck with that :D

Any on this thread need the Samaritans number?

Stop jumping at shadows.

Nothing is going to happen.

If we make those play offs in my mind and Im sure ANs too is that PNE are favorites to win them. Why on earth would he go to WBA right now?

If we make those play offs in my mind and Im sure ANs too is that PNE are favorites to win them. Why on earth would he go to WBA right now?
Because he'd have the two best strikers in the league and have a much better squad to work with. It's also a huge opportunity at a much bigger club, if he turns it around and wins the play offs (like they should with that squad) then he becomes a big fan favourite and gets another shot at the Premier League.

Incredibly naïve if you think he wouldn't jump at the chance.

If AN shows any interest in the WBA job then for me the game is up. He will then have nailed his colours to the mast and we can be confident he will be off somewhere sooner rather than later. In this kind of scenario the negative effect on the players would be obvious but incalculable, and I would immediately be looking to line up a replacement and jettison AN as soon as possible whether or not he gets the WBA job. He could not then honestly say that he was 100% committed to PNE and the dynamic in the dressing room will have changed accordingly. Who would want a manager who would even consider jumping ship at this stage of the season, abandoning the players who have all worked so hard for him to get to where we are? Not me, no thanks. Having said all that, I would wish him the best for the future, but as a club we need to look after ourselves and move on, find a manager who is 100% committed and willing to see this project through to a successful conclusion.

Maybe he's looking long-term rather than short-term and convinced that he has a long-term future there?

If West Brom agreed compensation with the club, and then promised to double AN's wages would he hesititate?

If he stayed, he's be a better man than most people on this forum.

I don't think he'll go. But this romantic notion of not abandoning players is not the reason.

Earlier this season many of us wanted to give him the push. Loyalty goes both ways. Or neither.

I also think one of the reasons Neil and Johnson are mentioned in the running for the WBA job is a clumsy attempt to destabilise our play off push.

If, and when, somebody does come calling (and they will) someone might want to point out Simon Grayson's career since he left for a 'bigger club'

Bloody hell a couple of paper rumours and we get people shitting themselves when in all reality literally nothing has happened or will happen. Makes you glad we aren't given much recognition in the media, half the forum would be nervous wrecks. The reality is, like with all clubs, if a bigger and better opportunity comes up for a player or manager they'll be off, but there's a sum total of zero evidence that that's happened.

If West Brom agreed compensation with the club, and then promised to double AN's wages would he hesititate?

If he stayed, he's be a better man than most people on this forum.

I don't think he'll go. But this romantic notion of not abandoning players is not the reason.

Earlier this season many of us wanted to give him the push. Loyalty goes both ways. Or neither.

I also think one of the reasons Neil and Johnson are mentioned in the running for the WBA job is a clumsy attempt to destabilise our play off push.

If, and when, somebody does come calling (and they will) someone might want to point out Simon Grayson's career since he left for a 'bigger club'

Or Moyes's post Everton.