PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

An open letter to the custodians of Preston North End Football Club, from fan groups and supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be a dick. It's a serious letter asking questions, please tell me where the moaning is.

Try reading it!
The letter is a moaning whine, or that’s the tone I heard when I read it. Callum R was out of our range and RL stated that the days of spending 2m+ were gone, so forget a player like McCann in the future. It’s our reality. Nothing will change unless the owners have a rush of blood or sell. The idea of a new owner worries me the most, god knows who we’d end up with.

Good effort, on a side note. Since Mr Hemming's passed and the rumours of the three decision makers. Have any of them passed the owners fit and proper test?
Two of them could pass with flying colours - KR and CH. The other has links to the Pandora papers but they're more of an "advisor" on "wealth management" rather than a shareholder of the Trust the Hemmings fortune is tied up in.

Not to much to ask for the club to fix a roof for its supporters who lay there hard earned cash. It’s not an expectation it’s a requirement at the very least. No one is asking for more money we’re asking for strategy and vision again for a club in the championship that simply isn’t a big request. Yes a lot of money is being added to the club but we are being run like a non league football club and it seems the hierarchy are very much asleep at the wheel with no plan or vision
What do you think a roof repair would cost? I’ve no idea either.

The letter is a moaning whine, or that’s the tone I heard when I read it. Callum R was out of our range and RL stated that the days of spending 2m+ were gone, so forget a player like McCann in the future. It’s our reality. Nothing will change unless the owners have a rush of blood or sell. The idea of a new owner worries me the most, god knows who we’d end up with.
You just don't get it do you?

You may be able to read but understanding requires a modicum of grey matter usage

I found Peter 🤣🤣🤣

It's no wonder fans are so apathetic with attitudes like this. Get his next sentence mentions it was worse when we had to play in the afternoons and re-election blah blah blah
I’m not apathetic. I was there at Cardiff x2. I want the same as everything else. It’s just 100% clear that the owners are in full selling mode. It might be frustrating, but there is no option other than to be patient.

Spoken in true blissful ignorance. The Hemmings' days of investing in the club are over, get used to it. If the Hemmings family are still owners of the club come the end of 2023, we will be relegated.

Load of shite that will achieve absolutely nothing.

Get some well oiled reply off Peter with other peoples names to it, and then as you were.

95% of you moaning about Deepdale, the strategy and ownership, enable this to happen by paying to go on every week.

Vote with your feet. Sending a letter to a spin doctor bullshit merchant will change nothing.
It’s not sent to the doctor you refer to….

You just don't get it do you?

You may be able to read but understanding requires a modicum of grey matter usage
If you are selling your house, you don’t replace the roof. Halfway through the summer the budget was reduced, the owners clearly had a rethink. Nothing exciting is going to happen until the owners find a responsible new owner. We all know this.

Its clearly a very well written and thought out letter. You may disagree with some of the content but to call it nonsense is sycophantic rubbish.

It doesnt despute that and actually thanks them for their support

I must have missed the bit where it asks them to put more money in or sell the club. If anything it is suggesting they need to find other ways to bridge the funding gap than put more money in

Yes

Yes

Yes

Many of the groups on that letter spent all summer helping the club sell season tickets and raise thousands for Flags.

Whats your point here?

Yes to help secure the future of the football club so we can develop our own players and become self sustainable.

Well yes.

So do the club.

Our club was formed in 1880 and we dont have a indoor training facility.

Yes - Heathcoates are awful.

Yep.

All you have done is moan, moan and fucking moan, having clearly not actually read the letter throughly.

Maybe you could provide them with some constructive feedback next time.
Fair points. Must be having an off day. Just feel that I’ve heard it all many times before. I see nothing changing until there is a new owner, I think they will only sell to someone with integrity and it might be a long wait.

If you are selling your house, you don’t replace the roof. Halfway through the summer the budget was reduced, the owners clearly had a rethink. Nothing exciting is going to happen until the owners find a responsible new owner. We all know this.

If there was a leaking roof it would be discovered on a survey and then either it would have to be fixed or a reduced offer would be made taking it into consideration.

The big difference here is that we have people paying to sit underneath said leaking roof. People who as a club we desperately need more of to help bridge the funding gap.

You are admitting that they are cost cutting but happy to just accept it.

That only leads to one thing.

Spoken in true blissful ignorance. The Hemmings' days of investing in the club are over, get used to it. If the Hemmings family are still owners of the club come the end of 2023, we will be relegated.
Then way enable the Hemmings ownership by paying for season tickets etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.