PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

An open letter to the custodians of Preston North End Football Club, from fan groups and supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're not in the same world as Palace and Brighton, we're not even in the same galaxy - what a ridiculous thing to say.

Didn't Tony Bloom just fund a world class training facility for all levels of football at the club?

Brighton where years behind us at one point, remember withdean... with the investment of a billionaire fan they are now a fairly established Premier League team.

Could have been us eh.

Again, not that this needs saying, but no one is expecting us to sign a £10m striker.

Well, no, but you can expect The Riddler to use bellends like Double J and W00ds as a "get out of jail free"

Nailed on he will say "some fans expect 25 new players in the Summer" or whatever lunacy that other dick has been spouting to himself on Youtube.

Well, no, but you can expect The Riddler to use bellends like Double J and W00ds as a "get out of jail free"

Nailed on he will say "some fans expect 25 new players in the Summer" or whatever lunacy that other dick has been spouting to himself on Youtube.
Given we only have 11 contracted players this summer, not withstanding any re-signs (Lindsay, Ledson, DJ), then he'll be looking at at least 10 new incomings.

Yeah, I know what you're thinking, I am, too. :rolleyes: 😬

Given we only have 11 contracted players this summer, not withstanding any re-signs (Lindsay, Ledson, DJ), then he'll be looking at at least 10 new incomings.

I expected us to start the season with an actual 25-man squad, and not having to fill places in our 23-man effort with transfer listed hologram Olosunde and under age Mikey O'Neill.

Was a bit worried when I saw that there was a letter written, because a lot of these things can just devolve in to "Spend more money, win more games, play 4-4-2" style rambling. But everything in this open letter is perfectly fair and very balanced. A bit disappointing to hear Kieran Maguire's ill-informed take on it. It is absolutely not too much to ask to not get rained on whilst watching the game.

End of the day, every excuse we have been given is just so lame that it just holds no weight.

Turnover is Low: How this is an excuse I'll never know. It is a problem that needs seriously addressing, not an excuse to fall back on when other failures start to be questioned.

Players are expensive: So then why did we sell a right back with 5 years experience at this level for 250k? Also with the success we've had turning cheaper, young players into highly valuable assets, this should be a net positive. Sure you might have to pay more for your Pearsons, your Robinsons, your DJs etc, but you can also sell them for more.

This letter is not a complaint at anything other than the lack of a coherent strategy. KM has boiled it down to asking the owners to be more generous, when we are asking them to just be smarter.

Didn't Tony Bloom just fund a world class training facility for all levels of football at the club?

Brighton where years behind us at one point, remember withdean... with the investment of a billionaire fan they are now a fairly established Premier League team.

Could have been us eh.

It always pisses me off when people say who is going to buy a club like PNE, loosing money and have to in x millions in every month.

Brighton were on their raggedy arse with no ground, no training facilities.

Brighton managed to find someone and look at their set up now, there must be lessons there to be learned.

Assuming that the owner won't be scaling back the playing budget further still, that is...

Unfortunately, at the moment I can only see the squad for next season either being big enough but not good enough, or good enough but not big enough.

Divide and conquer will probably be the clubs (PR) tactic. Those attending will have to stick together and keep the subject matter to the fore and not let themselves be distracted or led up a path unrelated to the question being discussed.
Remember they will be dealing with a bloody good used car salesman who could sell fridges to eskimos

It always pisses me off when people say who is going to buy a club like PNE, loosing money and have to in x millions in every month.

Brighton managed to find someone and look at their set up now, there must be lessons there to be learned.

Yep. And apparently when Wigan didn’t pay their wages last week, potential buyers were straight in touch. 🤔

It’s almost as if:

a) The family are asking a new owner to pay for their mistakes over the past five years 🤨

and

b) The highly paid guy tasked with attracting buyers knows he’s out on his ear as soon as a sale goes through. 😏

Wonder why nothing’s happening? 😅

Assuming that the owner won't be scaling back the playing budget further still, that is...

Unfortunately, at the moment I can only see the squad for next season either being big enough but not good enough, or good enough but not big enough.
You might find it is either big enough but not good enough and not good enough and not big enough. 🙄🤔

Risdale gets a cut if we're sold.

Think it's the over inflated price wanted that puts potential buyers off.

Please tell me that’s not true. 😳

The over-inflated asking price is down to Ridsdale’s many mistakes. And yet he’ll get a cut?

Ffs. 🤢🤢🤢

I think the North/South divide will always put us on the back foot. Brighton is just an hour train ride outside London and has no other sizeable clubs to compete with unless you count Crawely. Whereas we have Premier 4 League clubs and 3 championship clubs less than an hour away.

Could have been us eh.
Bloom isn’t just rich, the skills which made him rich are appropriate for running a football club and have been applied to Brighton (similar to Brentwood). Saying we need a plan is fair, but what we really need is a great plan which is better than all our competitors.

Bloom isn’t just rich, the skills which made him rich are appropriate for running a football club and have been applied to Brighton (similar to Brentwood). Saying we need a plan is fair, but what we really need is a great plan which is better than all our competitors.
Brentford

Please tell me that’s not true. 😳

The over-inflated asking price is down to Ridsdale’s many mistakes. And yet he’ll get a cut?

Ffs. 🤢🤢🤢

To be fair I think the over inflated price was always down to Trev wanting his money back which was never going to happen... I don't doubt that there is still a silly price in mind but nowhere near Trevs requirement.

TH and his billions could have dug in forever as long as he was alive and kicking but now he's not and his estate has been carved up none of them are in anything like as strong a position.. In fact " taking the money and running " may well be now a more attractive proposition... Time will tell I suppose.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.