Ando's Thread For Wine That Is Red

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
Although I'm more a fan of whisky and tend to drink more craft ales at home now, for wine there's absolutely no contest for me - 2015 Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon is hands down the best wine i've ever had - if you ever come across it, I implore you to try it. It's so full of fruity notes when you smell it, it almost smells like Ribena or something!

For white wine, my girlfriend and I are big fans of a Torrontes - Tesco did a 'Tesco's Finest' from Salta for £8 which is lovely.

I went to Monaco a couple of years ago and a friend of mine who was living there insisted I try a rosè he'd been drinking which, to this date, is the only one i've ever liked - OTT chateau de selle 2016 - really nice when I had it.. that could have been something to do with the sun & scenery too though I suppose

Talking of Barolos, I've never tried one - I was bought a bottle of 2014 Ricossa just before christmas which I'm yet to open

Will definitely be making my way through some of the recommendations here - great thread (y)
Alamos Torrentes 2017 is very refreshing.

Ocado.

edgy

Forum Patron
Patron
Although I'm more a fan of whisky and tend to drink more craft ales at home now, for wine there's absolutely no contest for me - 2015 Montes Alpha Cabernet Sauvignon is hands down the best wine i've ever had - if you ever come across it, I implore you to try it. It's so full of fruity notes when you smell it, it almost smells like Ribena or something!

For white wine, my girlfriend and I are big fans of a Torrontes - Tesco did a 'Tesco's Finest' from Salta for £8 which is lovely.

I went to Monaco a couple of years ago and a friend of mine who was living there insisted I try a rosè he'd been drinking which, to this date, is the only one i've ever liked - OTT chateau de selle 2016 - really nice when I had it.. that could have been something to do with the sun & scenery too though I suppose

Talking of Barolos, I've never tried one - I was bought a bottle of 2014 Ricossa just before christmas which I'm yet to open

Will definitely be making my way through some of the recommendations here - great thread (y)
Whiskey
Have you tried old pultney- for the money is a nice tipple

edgy

Forum Patron
Patron
Off to friends tonight
A bottle of valpolliceli, an oyster bay Sauvignon and a lovely old Taylor's port to take
Just need the cheese, tough call with cheese, I was thinking of a butlers classic cheddar and a black sticks blue?

priest

Reserve
Edgy, a Taylors '63' with a classic Blue Stilton cannot be beaten....

With your coffee, the ultimate is a warmed brandy glass of 'Larios 1866 ' The best brandy I have ever tasted.

priest

Reserve
Completely off topic....I really enjoy this site for obvious reasons but also because I do not have to wait for loading adverts and boxes to click to agree to all n' sundry.

edgy

Forum Patron
Patron
Edgy, a Taylors '63' with a classic Blue Stilton cannot be beaten....

With your coffee, the ultimate is a warmed brandy glass of 'Larios 1866 ' The best brandy I have ever tasted.

Love a warm brandy
Cannot drink it any other way

Yan89

Forum Patron
Patron
I haven't actually, but I'll grab one next time I see it and let you know how it goes - I've a lot of whiskies in the garage now but as much as a try, I've not found one I get on with as well as Talisker 18.

Balvenie Doublewood, the experimental Glenfiddich IPA cask, any Macallan or on a more general note, Monkey's Shoulder & Jameson's are also solid choices.

Yan89

Forum Patron
Patron
Whiskey
Have you tried old pultney- for the money is a nice tipple
In response to you:

I haven't actually, but I'll grab one next time I see it and let you know how it goes - I've a lot of whiskies in the garage now but as much as a try, I've not found one I get on with as well as Talisker 18.

Balvenie Doublewood, the experimental Glenfiddich IPA cask, any Macallan or on a more general note, Monkey's Shoulder & Jameson's are also solid choices.