PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ando's Thread For Wine That Is Red

It’s not exactly new, but have you tried Trivento - I think it’s about 7 or 8 quid at Tesco... it’s very nice
Yes, I've tried Trivento Malbec and quite like it. Bought a bottle at the weekend for about £6 on offer. Excellent value!
I also tried a Finca Monteflores Malbec and thought that was good, if unremarkable.
Trying a Co-op Chilean Malbec tonight.

Does anyone have any Malbec, or interesting new world recommendations? Lockdown has led me to try lots of new grapes (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it) mainly Italian, but looking to try something new :cool:

Trivento is indeed a good value crowd pleaser.

I’ve recently treated myself to a few bottles of Bread and Butter from the Napa Valley. The Chardonnay was Bob Willis’ favourite - delicious if you can cope with oak.

For the purposes of this thread, the Cabernet is pretty good but the Pinot is delicious.

Available from Majestic - you pay around 12-14 quid a go.

I can’t believe no one has mentioned jam-shed.
A delicious Australian Shiraz.
Cheap as chips too.

I will give this a try Paddy... never heard of Pendriel before....

I have just ordered 6 bottles of Baron du Barbon from Laithwaites.. it’s about a tenner a bottle, but it is a nice Rioja...
It's an Argentinian Bordeaux had to open one of the bottles to see how it was and it's tasty. Maybe not £15 tasty but definitely very good for £7

Stayed in the Finca Adalgisa Wine Hotel in Mendoza on honeymoon.

Needless to say we sampled a number of their vintages!

Very nice as long as you don’t mind Harris hawks swooping about at close quarters!

I can’t believe no one has mentioned jam-shed.
A delicious Australian Shiraz.
Cheap as chips too.
It's cheaper to buy Aussie wine in the UK than it is here. Even when I went to McGuigan's cellar door in Hunter Valley the guy said you could buy theirs cheaper in Morrisons than direct from them.

Am a bit of a wine tramp, If its Red and 13% or over I will give it a go. Quite like Kooliburra Reserve from Aldi @ less than a Fiver.
Regularly neck whatever is on offer at Lidl. One bottle usually gives the intended effect. Not fussed about the aroma or bouquet.
Did the current account switch earlier this year to Virgin money to get the so called Luxury wine box worth £150. Wine was a bit smoother but not a massive difference between that & the Lidl/Aldi Grog.

Having said that, I did once sell a few bottles of vintage wines on Ebay back in the day when it was allowed. My Dad had a mate who was the Chef & Manager of the Stork at Condor Green who left about a dozen bottles to him.
Managed to sell about half of them for Dad and he made over £1k. One bottle alone which was a Chateau d'yquem went for £600 to the only bidder.
He even told me that he was a dealer & would sell it on !

Am a bit of a wine tramp, If its Red and 13% or over I will give it a go. Quite like Kooliburra Reserve from Aldi @ less than a Fiver.
Regularly neck whatever is on offer at Lidl. One bottle usually gives the intended effect. Not fussed about the aroma or bouquet.
Did the current account switch earlier this year to Virgin money to get the so called Luxury wine box worth £150. Wine was a bit smoother but not a massive difference between that & the Lidl/Aldi Grog.

Having said that, I did once sell a few bottles of vintage wines on Ebay back in the day when it was allowed. My Dad had a mate who was the Chef & Manager of the Stork at Condor Green who left about a dozen bottles to him.
Managed to sell about half of them for Dad and he made over £1k. One bottle alone which was a Chateau d'yquem went for £600 to the only bidder.
He even told me that he was a dealer & would sell it on !

A true connoisseur! 😂