PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Annual accounts to June 2020 released

jakehake

“Morel high warrior”
Staff member
Patron
Wage Bill up to £20.5m on turnover down to £12.5m

Annual losses drop to £7m from £12m on basis of £7m being received for player disposals

Hemmings put in £7.8m up from £6.6m the previous year

another £3.8m still outstanding from other clubs for player sales

They're in. Starting to go through them but here's the standouts so far.

PNE loss for 2019/20 season up to 30th June 2020 was £7.7m

Staffing costs up by £1m on previous year.

Season ticket revenue ⬇️
TV money ⬇️
Commercial revenue ⬇️
Merchandise ⬇️

Staff members down by 2 but wages up £700,000.

This is in the group of companies accounts, be interesting when the individual company accounts come through next few days to see the current loan from Grovemoor (can't find it in this version)

Last edited:
Explain that again
Hemmings has put an extra £1.2m into North End than the previous year. He is worth £1bn.

As a percentage increase it is the same as someone with a wealth of £1000 (average person who isn't a home owner for example) putting an extra £12 a year into their own little business.

Everything is relative

Hemmings has put an extra £1.2m into North End than the previous year. He is worth £1bn.

As a percentage increase it is the same as someone with a wealth of £1000 (average person who isn't a home owner for example) putting an extra £12 a year into their own little business.

Everything is relative
You say it as though TH owes the club his entire fortune or that he should be willing to put in swathes of his money. He owns the club and can run it how he sees fit. I'm no fan of his ownership but the amount he puts in relative to his wealth is irrelevant.

You say it as though TH owes the club his entire fortune or that he should be willing to put in swathes of his money. He owns the club and can run it how he sees fit. I'm no fan of his ownership but the amount he puts in relative to his wealth is irrelevant.
I'd agree with that. TJH businesses have largely been impacted substantially by Covid (Hotels/Hospitality especially), and the £1bn he is "worth" isn't cash in the bank. Lots of it will be tied up with assets and in various businesses the Wordon group own.

Everything is relative
Absolute nonsense I’m afraid
What he is worth and what is disposable income are two completely different things
My old dad was a rather successful builder, he had a yard, JCBs and the odd spade. Non of which ultimately you can spend but all do count as wealth
Everything is relative
I imagine mr Hemmings income has reduced in the last year but he has put more in ? But I may be wrong
Plus can you imagine just how much extra revenue is required to manage testing alone, revenue by the way we haven’t actually got at the moment

No not at all.

This is a counter argument that pisses me off. Nobody is expecting him to go out and spend Chelsea/Man City type money.

But he is financially supporting his own business, he is not the benevolent owner people make him out to be and again I'm not suggesting he has £1bn sat there in his bank but it is still relative to his wealth.

Absolute nonsense I’m afraid
What he is worth and what is disposable income are two completely different things
My old dad was a rather successful builder, he had a yard, JCBs and the odd spade. Non of which ultimately you can spend but all do count as wealth
Everything is relative
I imagine mr Hemmings income has reduced in the last year but he has put more in ? But I may be wrong
Plus can you imagine just how much extra revenue is required to manage testing alone, revenue by the way we haven’t actually got at the moment
As it is with the person worth £1000.

I have assets worth about £10k but I have about £100 in the bank.

As it is with the person worth £1000.

I have assets worth about £10k but I have about £100 in the bank.
Sorry paddy. We are poles apart here
Absolutely poles apart
How in heavens name did anyone expect as I said to pay for the covid testing as an example.
We’ve got pretty much the sum total of 9/10ths of nothing coming in ??
Your logic escapes me I am afraid

No not at all.

This is a counter argument that pisses me off. Nobody is expecting him to go out and spend Chelsea/Man City type money.

But he is financially supporting his own business, he is not the benevolent owner people make him out to be and again I'm not suggesting he has £1bn sat there in his bank but it is still relative to his wealth.
So what are you expecting from him? Is there a magic percentage of his wealth you'd be happy with him putting into the club?

Everything is relative
Absolute fantasy. Median household net wealth in Great Britain in April 2016 to March 2018 was £286,600 (https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...otalwealthingreatbritain/april2016tomarch2018)

If you're going to set aside assets then you have to do it for Hemmings too (obviously the Sunday Times don't -- this isn't cash that he keeps under his bed).

The typical British household had around £30,800 in disposable income after taxes and benefits (also ONS), so maybe that's a fairer benchmark.

I agree with @paddysr I think it's entirely relevant.

No one expects anything from him in terms of how much he should or shouldn't put in as a percentage of what he is worth. The figures quoted he has put in are a complete drop in the ocean for him in the general scheme of things so for me it's absolutely relevant.

Expectation of what he should put in as a billionaire is a completely separate argument.

What these accounts show is entirely expected. There has been a small incremental increase in wages paid, turnover is down as expected and Hemmings has covered the gap, a million or two more than previousy. We are currently dependent on him and the occasional big money sale. Nothing has changed, as we knew it wouldn't.

With that clear, we can retread the same old arguments from umpteen different threads from the past!

I'd agree with that. TJH businesses have largely been impacted substantially by Covid (Hotels/Hospitality especially), and the £1bn he is "worth" isn't cash in the bank. Lots of it will be tied up with assets and in various businesses the Wordon group own.

He may not have the cash in the bank but he's still "worth" that though no matter which way you look at it.

Either way it's his choice, he can afford it & if he can't he knows what to do.

So what are you expecting from him? Is there a magic percentage of his wealth you'd be happy with him putting into the club?
It's up to him what he puts in. My point isn't around what he is putting in but the way some will perceive this extra 0.001% of his wealth as though he is some kind of saviour.

Personally I would like to see him put in enough that we can have a real go at promotion. It's not only good for the fans but makes good business sense as it is the only way he realistically stands a chance of recovering his investment