PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Anxiety and Mental Health

Random one but those anxiety / depression / stress sufferers struggle with any other physical symptoms..? Palpitations, indigestion, bowel issues, headaches etc… I seem to be following a constant theme over the years
Palpitations for me mostly when having anxiety - Unfortunately just had some minor anxiety this morning, but I'm playing football tonight so hopefully it should be kicked into touch. Father in-law gets a cough & bowel issues.

I also find being too hot/cold especially on a evening in bed or out and about can lead to anxiety. When I used to go out for a few drinks etc I'd always make sure I had a jumper or something just in case I got chilly. You can imagine me sat in a beer garden on the hottest day of the year with a jumper next to me just in case!

Not to detract from the issue but I shared a room with my brother in the mid-80s and he started following North End home and away. He developed into having nightmares where he would shout out in his sleep really loudly, I was still under 10 at this point and petrified by them.

The correlation always seemed to be after North End had lost.

FML. Of all the periods in history to develop a trigger to North End losing

I`ve had something similar in the past. If North End lost, or maybe England got beat in a World Cup game, I`d find myself in a deep depression for a couple of days, sometimes longer.

After a while I figured out that the real problems lay deeper...I was just using the psychological boost of a win from the teams to paper over them as a coping strategy.

I`ve had something similar in the past. If North End lost, or maybe England got beat in a World Cup game, I`d find myself in a deep depression for a couple of days, sometimes longer.

After a while I figured out that the real problems lay deeper...I was just using the psychological boost of a win from the teams to paper over them as a coping strategy.
That's it isn't it? The coping (drugs, drink, anger) are often symptomatic of something deeper.

Random one but those anxiety / depression / stress sufferers struggle with any other physical symptoms..? Palpitations, indigestion, bowel issues, headaches etc… I seem to be following a constant theme over the years
Anxiety can have all sorts of effects on you, have you had your bloods checked recently? Do you drink lots of tea and coffee? that can cause palpitations. Stress will cause problems in all sorts of areas. When I was younger
I had palpitations, headaches and disturbed vision. My bloods came back showing I was short of Iron, 30 years later I found I had coeliac disease, which can contribute to all of the above.

I've very recently started back up with the anxiety. I've given up smoking (fags and the occasional joint), drinking, changed job, moved house and expecting a child all within the last 6 months. Very bizarre because it's also been an incredibly happy time for me.

Noticed it at the weekend, when I twice snapped at my lovely partner. Realised I'd had a panic attack on my last day at work on Thursday, and when flying to Spain yesterday had another panic attack when I got to the airport.

The first was a full body shake, nothing I've ever experienced before. Yesterday was the more common palpitations and struggling to breath. I'm planning on seeing somebody when I get back.

Pretty good at noticing it these days, and getting it under control before it takes over.

I've very recently started back up with the anxiety. I've given up smoking (fags and the occasional joint), drinking, changed job, moved house and expecting a child all within the last 6 months. Very bizarre because it's also been an incredibly happy time for me.

Noticed it at the weekend, when I twice snapped at my lovely partner. Realised I'd had a panic attack on my last day at work on Thursday, and when flying to Spain yesterday had another panic attack when I got to the airport.

The first was a full body shake, nothing I've ever experienced before. Yesterday was the more common palpitations and struggling to breath. I'm planning on seeing somebody when I get back.

Pretty good at noticing it these days, and getting it under control before it takes over.
Think they could be happening due to the sheer amount going on in your life? Moving house and expecting are huge life events (Congratulations by the way)

Most of my anxiety attacks were in the build up to my wedding and since then they occur much less.

Think they could be happening due to the sheer amount going on in your life? Moving house and expecting are huge life events (Congratulations by the way)

Most of my anxiety attacks were in the build up to my wedding and since then they occur much less.
Funny, usually the other way around…some men would pay a high price for your tips and tricks

Definitely. Continually put too much pressure on myself, but never move anywhere and remain in my comfort zone without doing so.

Mine also crop up when I get invited somewhere involving booze. Not a big drinker and plenty tell me I don't have to drink when attending but I'm still anxious.

Friend of mine has invited me to Manchester for his 30th in a couple of months, when I got the invite my stomach dropped.
Also another friend has just got engaged and now I'm worried about getting the invite to his stag do.

No idea what it is but bars, nightclubs and restaurants are all anxiety luring places for me.

Another is childrens soft play centres although I've not had any major anxiety attacks there

I suffer from panic attacks on very rare occasions , usually when I am in a stressful work situation.

Can anyone recommend any herbal medication that might help ??

I have tried valerian, but they tend to help you sleep and not curb anxiety…..

Anxiety can have all sorts of effects on you, have you had your bloods checked recently? Do you drink lots of tea and coffee? that can cause palpitations. Stress will cause problems in all sorts of areas. When I was younger
I had palpitations, headaches and disturbed vision. My bloods came back showing I was short of Iron, 30 years later I found I had coeliac disease, which can contribute to all of the above.

No I haven’t for 12 months. I don’t drink brews but do drink caffeine through Diet Coke.

I had heart problem which was fixed many years ago but this always comes back and worries me. An upset stomach is a common theme. I was tested for coeliac but came back negative but I do recall my gran had it

I suffer from panic attacks on very rare occasions , usually when I am in a stressful work situation.

Chamomile and lavender are meant to be good for stress and anxiety

No I haven’t for 12 months. I don’t drink brews but do drink caffeine through Diet Coke.

I had heart problem which was fixed many years ago but this always comes back and worries me. An upset stomach is a common theme. I was tested for coeliac but came back negative but I do recall my gran had it

Yep stomach is a big one. Constantly churning feeling like I'm either going to be sick or have the shits.

Horny Goat Weed is Good for Anxiety and Depression Drinking horny goat weed tea can help reduce stress, alleviate anxious tension, and help treat mild depression. Studies on animal subjects have found that horny goat weed supplements may help deal with many stress-related symptoms.

Horny Goat Weed is Good for Anxiety and Depression Drinking horny goat weed tea can help reduce stress, alleviate anxious tension, and help treat mild depression. Studies on animal subjects have found that horny goat weed supplements may help deal with many stress-related symptoms.
It can also help with certain other dysfunctions, the clue is in the name. ;)

Cheers Rob….