PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Are we better then we were 12 months ago?

Mancunian White

Scouse now, actually.
Patron
Despite our position in the league, are we a better side than this time last year?

We've only really lost Cunningham since then, and gained Potts, Stockley, Storey, Hughes and others I can't be arsed typing out.

So are we better or worse? I'd say we're much more clinical at the cost of some solidity at the back, but on balance we're a more dangerous side. Thoughts?

Absolutely, we are better.

Would have been some season if we had made the January signings in summer - that was a massive mistake (and hadn’t had another injury crisis)

better but might struggle to keep hold of one or two thinking of browne/robinson/davies/storey

It doesn't matter where they came from or how much we paid for their services, the likes of Browne, Maguire, Gallagher, Davies .. (the list goes on) are amongst the elite at this level. Its very exciting to be a PNE fan right now, why did we have to have that injury crisis :(

This current squad available earlier in the season and we would be top 6 , there’s nobody I fear in this league , injuries crippled us let’s hope for better luck on that front next season

As long as we only lose Robbo in the summer for big bucks (aside from those we all know have no future here), then I think a Robbo replacement with pace and one more CH with mobility is all that we really require.

We are pretty much covered everywhere else.

It would be a massive boost and sign of intent if Robbo signed, as unlikely as it seems this minute, a new contract.

We are so so close as a squad. About 95% of the way there when all are fit.

I think next year, we will be one of THE teams to beat.

if it wasn't for the injuries we had to key players we probably would be in the top 6 by now, things are looking up now though we're now 6 games unbeaten and long may it continue, if the lads keep playing the way they are then there's no doubt in my mind we'll make the play-offs, COYW.

Davies and Storey have made the big difference, allowing us to pass our way out and free others up in midfield. First 30 mins last night was the best I can recall we've played in 40 years. If we do keep all these players ANs biggest job will be who to leave out.

As long as we only lose Robbo in the summer for big bucks (aside from those we all know have no future here), then I think a Robbo replacement with pace and one more CH with mobility is all that we really require.

We are pretty much covered everywhere else.

It would be a massive boost and sign of intent if Robbo signed, as unlikely as it seems this minute, a new contract.

We are so so close as a squad. About 95% of the way there when all are fit.

I think next year, we will be one of THE teams to beat.

Agree that we're now very close. If Robinson was to be the only one to leave I'd take that and really fancy us next season.

Potentially much better. Last season we flattered to decieve to an extent and ran out of steam.
Now we are a real force to be reckoned with and rightly fear no one.
This lot can take us all the way.

Agree that we're now very close. If Robinson was to be the only one to leave I'd take that and really fancy us next season.

Unless a really big club comes in for Robinson, I think we should be convincing him that we are going to the Premier League and encouraging him to sign a new contract with the proviso that if we don’t make it next season that he would be allowed to move on.

Unless a really big club comes in for Robinson, I think we should be convincing him that we are going to the Premier League and encouraging him to sign a new contract with the proviso that if we don’t make it next season that he would be allowed to move on.

That would be great, but I feel players will have been told this last season when we just missed out.

We’ve not backed it up this season and as I’ve said before, the lack of investment in the summer has really cost us.

Potentially much better. Last season we flattered to decieve to an extent and ran out of steam.
Now we are a real force to be reckoned with and rightly fear no one.
This lot can take us all the way.

Not sure we ran out of steam. We had an Easter dip but finished strongly.

A settled team has helped as having key players return to the first team. Whether the gap is too big, who knows, but the lads will certainly do their all to close it.

The answer is YES..... whatever we thought of Hugill, a year ago we had no target man and now we have.

Whatever we thought of Clarke and Hunts we now have two CB's with different attributes and still got the older two in reserve.....

The fringe players currently on loan or released werent as good as some of the fringe players we now have...incl the youth lads.

The RB spot now has cover, the LB spot is looking safer with Hughes's improvement and Earl still around.

ok - so the injured players mean we look a small squad but add a fit Robbo; Bodin; Harrop and Ripley then yes its a fair bit stronger.

is it strong enough ? partly depends who leaves, partly depends how good Ginnelly and Rafferty turn out to be (and Ripley) but the spine of Storey; Potts and Stockley have added something.... even if its early days for all 3.

Not sure the City lads have added too much, especially BB, but we can try again next summer to make further loans