PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ashton way

northender0602

Patron
2770ACBC-B6DF-4DFE-BE3B-247E8F27C9FE.jpeganyone smell petrol in the air in the Powis Road area last couple of days? Some pillock poured flammable liquid into the sewer system šŸ˜³ apparently it could be smelt over a wide area.

I live not far from there, not smelt owt.

Off topic but, anyone know what those 3 massive silver tubes sticking out of the ground are, on the grass just out of shot?

They've been there years now but I've never actually bothered to go over and check them out properly.

Off topic but, anyone know what those 3 massive silver tubes sticking out of the ground are, on the grass just out of shot?

They've been there years now but I've never actually bothered to go over and check them out properly.
Maybe they're meant to symbolise the maritime history of the area, like the steamboats.

Maybe they're meant to symbolise the maritime history of the area, like the steamboats.

Haven't a clue. They're in an odd spot if they are actually some sort of a symbolic sculpture....sat way back from the carriageway. Have a look on Google Street View, they're weird.

I reckon they're a source of air for a subterranean illuminati worshipping cult.

I live not far from there, not smelt owt.

It's something to do with the underground flood water storage tanks they installed a few years ago....I think! Was part of the project which involved all that work on/underneath Water Lane.