Attacking Set pieces - Ledson

twickerspne

Manager
One of the disappointing elements of Neil’s reign was the woeful unimaginative set pieces, - . I wish Ledson was taken off these ‘floated’ corners and free kicks. They are thoroughly ineffective - and look to be continuing

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
We‘ve not been a big threat from set pieces since promotion really. Defenders are much better at dealing with them at this level but it‘s something we need to work on.

rikartalex

First Team
Was Riis up front on the halfway line for their two corners today, or was I mistaken?
Under Neill we always had all eleven defending.

Durutti

Advisor to the Owner
Was Riis up front on the halfway line for their two corners today, or was I mistaken?
Under Neill we always had all eleven defending.

Riis was also spending a fair bit of time on the shoulder of the defenders as well. There were enough moments there to merit another start in a squad with essentially two strikers in it IMO but I know it's popular to just call him useless and stuff.

andyg156

First Team
Thought Riis was pity dog toffee today. Not his best performance. Think if he had the work rate and commitment that Cresswell showed game after game , then we would have one hell of a player, hard to fault his first touch and nimble feet.

Michael

Advisor to the Owner
Thought Riis was pity dog toffee today. Not his best performance. Think if he had the work rate and commitment that Cresswell showed game after game , then we would have one hell of a player, hard to fault his first touch and nimble feet.
I think he's often guilty of taking too many touches. If he'd have hit the ball with his first or second touch yesterday I think he'd have scored. The same against Rovers the other week. He just needs a confidence boost and that will come with a run of games. Hopefully he'll get that under Frankie.

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Staff member
Patron
Ledson has the most assists this season with 5.

Maguire is 3rd in the Goals Per Minutes. For such an unfairly maligned player, he puts others whom are escaping criticism to shame

I'll post the link later as I'm on my phone (and the bog).

Aqueous

Manager
Ledson has the most assists this season with 5.

Maguire is 3rd in the Goals Per Minutes. For such an unfairly maligned player, he puts others whom are escaping criticism to shame

I'll post the link later as I'm on my phone (and the bog).
It's a sad state of affairs when the top assists is 5 this far into the season to be honest.

The Maguire stat, for me, just shows how poor we are going forward. I'm not sure there are many Championship teams that would want him if he were available. Perhaps others disagree though.

Tugg Speedman

Forum Patron
Patron
It's a sad state of affairs when the top assists is 5 this far into the season to be honest.

The Maguire stat, for me, just shows how poor we are going forward. I'm not sure there are many Championship teams that would want him if he were available. Perhaps others disagree though.
It's indicative though of the dour way the whole team was set up under Neil and the negative way we played. It's not really a fair reflection on Maguire's true ability (or Ledson or anyone else).

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Staff member
Patron
Here you are, the link to both, makes interesting reading, only Evans and Sinclair have a better Goals Per Minutes than Maguire.

Ledson leads with the assists (5).

DJ with 83% leads with the shot accuracy and with 42% the Goal Conversion although he has only scored 5 including penalties. Equally though, you could very well argue that it is worrying that DJ has only had 12 shots all season! :oops:

EFL, FA Cup and League Cup games are included in these stats.