PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Back him or sack him.

jgriff2296

Patron
Many of us think good old Frankie just isn't up to the job. Peter Ridsdale disagrees. Ok Peter, as the thread title says, if he's good enough then back him. This division is piss poor if we can be 5 points from the play offs, you might never get a better chance of a pop at them.
You won't back him properly though will you Peter, because really you know that what we've been saying is true - he's just not the man for the job.

What does back him mean, if they haven't already? He got the job, he got several million pound players, he got protected when he lost some silly games, he manages over a squad of players on decent money (DJ, Browne, Sinclair etc), we have Danish internationals, a keeper on loan who is amazing, for the second spell, a Liverpool loanee that cost £4m aged just 19, I could go on. The fact is, we now need to see improvements from Frankie, to show he is evolving. Not ridiculous defeats at home to Cardiff, which if we'd won, we'd be knocking on the door of the Play Offs.

What does back him mean, if they haven't already? He got the job, he got several million pound players, he got protected when he lost some silly games, he manages over a squad of players on decent money (DJ, Browne, Sinclair etc), we have Danish internationals, a keeper on loan who is amazing, for the second spell, a Liverpool loanee that cost £4m aged just 19, I could go on. The fact is, we now need to see improvements from Frankie, to show he is evolving. Not ridiculous defeats at home to Cardiff, which if we'd won, we'd be knocking on the door of the Play Offs.
I actually agree with all of that but we are still short of 2 or 3 quality players. I don't think they have enough faith in Frankie to commit any more resources.

Neil was the one for me of our recent managers who should have been backed the first couple of seasons , but no just like Billy Davis, David Moyes , when we were in good position’s players were sold or the positions we were lacking in were not filled with the bit of quality needed .
So I can’t see us backing Frankie as at the moment his tactical ability has been found desperately wanting , you have to back the right manager/ coach at the right time unfortunately Frankie isn’t the right coach even though with the standard of the championship at the moment it would be a good time to back a good coach.
But there is no indication that if we do bring a good coach in he would be backed to any extent so it’s back to just plodding along hopefully surviving in the championship and expecting the long suffering fans to be thankful for that .

I actually agree with all of that but we are still short of 2 or 3 quality players. I don't think they have enough faith in Frankie to commit any more resources.
It isn't about Frankie - they won't commit any more resources no matter who it is.

We've been at least "2 or 3 quality players" short since 2015, and we always will be.

The owners' attitude is - make what you've got into quality. Then we can sell it.

IMHO, I can't see the Club substantially backing any Manager.

It's pretty obvious to anyone that knows anything about football that the side lacks any form of consistency.

The Manager has tried but I'm afraid he's just not the right man for the job. The top two aside, the play-offs are there for anyone that buys well in January but only with the right Manager at the healm.

Many of us think good old Frankie just isn't up to the job. Peter Ridsdale disagrees. Ok Peter, as the thread title says, if he's good enough then back him. This division is piss poor if we can be 5 points from the play offs, you might never get a better chance of a pop at them.
You won't back him properly though will you Peter, because really you know that what we've been saying is true - he's just not the man for the job.
Very, very well said! this league is certainly very poor this year and if we could get someone in now to motivate the players and get steady results that would be fantastic! we are poor despite a win v boro, our keeper needs all the praise for our result not mcavoy. if the guys at the helm really want whats best for this club then make changes now and while there are gaps lets sneak through the holes, no better opportunity for promotion this season in my opinion but not while this inept clown is manager

It's pretty obvious to anyone that knows anything about football that the side lacks any form of consistency.

The Manager has tried but I'm afraid he's just not the right man for the job. The top two aside, the play-offs are there for anyone that buys well in January but only with the right Manager at the healm.
Well said

We've been at least "2 or 3 quality players" short since 2015, and we always will be.

The owners' attitude is - make what you've got into quality. Then we can sell it.
It's a lower League copy of the former owner of Newcastle United manager, that 'Sports Direct' guy Mike Ashley. That buy-em-cheap & sell-em-on mentality.
The Hemmings family have that same mentality in relation to PNE.
Keep a company simply ticking over & use a good player to help it tick over. One can keep any Company just ticking over, particularly with a Chairman who's happy with his lot
( & certainly wouldn't revise his Club strategies for anybody, let alone Average Twelve Thousand Individuals)

Quick glance and thought this thread was all about back, sack & crack.

Once got into trouble at a wedding. Bit drunk. The bride was a beautician. I kept asking if she'd give me a back, sack & crack. It didn't go down too well after the 10th time 😬

They won't back a Manager at all, they downgraded to a Coach who is expected to make a silk purse out of someone elses sows ear... The fact that Franky is a bit out of his depth doesn't change that simple fact.

Quick glance and thought this thread was all about back, sack & crack.

Once got into trouble at a wedding. Bit drunk. The bride was a beautician. I kept asking if she'd give me a back, sack & crack. It didn't go down too well after the 10th time 😬
Absolutely disgraceful………….her lack of a sense of humour.