PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Baiting with Smileys.

Ahhh the thread title lured me in. I should have stuck to my 'only peruse the football section' rule.

As you were folks:

45frgs.jpg
The thread title is ‘Baiting with smileys’

What did you think the topic was going to be, happy zombies?

I don’t understand how people go in the off topic section, read a thread, reply to the thread and complain about the thread existing. If you don’t like something, don’t read it. I have an image of certain posters walking around their front room shouting for two hours because there is a crap film on...........most of us would just turn over!

I don’t understand how people go in the off topic section, read a thread, reply to the thread and complain about the thread existing. If you don’t like something, don’t read it. I have an image of certain posters walking around their front room shouting for two hours because there is a crap film on...........most of us would just turn over!
But
Your TV example
We’ve all moaned that there’s so much rubbish there which ensures it takes longer to get to the good stuff
Maybe a little quid pro quo for our fellow posters ?

But
Your TV example
We’ve all moaned that there’s so much rubbish there which ensures it takes longer to get to the good stuff
Maybe a little quid pro quo for our fellow posters ?
Huh, so if you see something you dislike on TV you sit there, watch it, just so that the next programme may seem better?

hairy strawberries

You’ve missed my point I feel
It’s not the “oh I will look at that to find out it’s a bit rubbish”
It’s the wading through the treacle to get to the honey
So, you go ‘wading’ into the off topic section. Spend some time ‘wading’ through the topics on offer. Before ‘wading’ through the posts on a topic you don’t like, then taking the effort to complain.

Danglers.

Not that easy to ignore things that we dislike, mate.

I`ve heard.....and think it might be true.... that some people have issues scrolling past smilies.
And that is their prerogative, if they then go looking for the smileys they don’t like so they can complain then I’d say they were just a moaning runt.

If however they are saying that they are reacting to baiting, meaning that some other poster has instigated the contact, then that is a whole different concept.

Are you saying that a smiley emoji can never provoke someone?

So, you go ‘wading’ into the off topic section. Spend some time ‘wading’ through the topics on offer. Before ‘wading’ through the posts on a topic you don’t like, then taking the effort to complain.

Danglers.

Some posters use new posts to view new threads. Some of those will like to keep said area clear like normal people do with email notifications (not like the psychos who have 5742 unread emails)

If you use that function you get everything and not just the football threads.

He might've thought it was about tugging over emojis like I did.

Danglers.
Who complained?
I didn’t
I’m offering you a view from My perspective
Widening your horizons
It’s good to listen. To absorb. And to reflect on others views
Even I have been wrong occasionally and through the forum I often realign my thoughts
It’s the fine line between arguing a point At all costs to win and debating