PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Bamber Bridge v PNE - 02/07/22 - KO:15:00 - Pre Season Friendly

A good afternoon out watching the friendly with Brig. Now, I've enjoyed a few Madris's since.....however, my view for what it's worth:

First half: Johnson, Potts, Riis the stand out players, O'Neill looked lively and a little mention to Noah Mawene, for me, work to do, but potential for sure.

Second half: Woodburn, didn't do himself any harm, a couple more performances like that, he'll have earned a contract...if he hasn't already. Mikey O'Neill, there's a player there for sure, keep on the current trajectory and we'll have an exciting player. Aaron Bennett, unsure at first, then he came in to the game, again, an exciting prospect, albeit, all of them need to do it against higher opposition. In conclusion, lots of positives and a good run out this afternoon. We'll need much tougher tests before the season starts. Final comment, no disrespect to Brig, but Pondy looked way too good for that level, still an EFL player for me.

Well Woodburn is worth another look against decent opposition and a couple of the young lads did themselves no harm. Other than that, nothing significant to report.

Adds up actually that Coulton played an unexpected 90 as Brady has gone elsewhere at late notice.

Listen..all I'm gonna say is that yeah I appreciate its against brig but I thought Woodburn was a class above today in every sense

I thought the young players did really well, especially in the 2nd half, when the likes of Seary and Bennett and Coulton really livened us up.

Yes, they were up against opposition you'd expect us to beat easily but so was, for instance, Potts, who saw plenty of the ball but for me, actually created very little. Coulton, and Seary when he came on, got in several excellent crosses and just posed more of a threat in general.

As others have said, Woodburn's class is evident. He's obviously lost his way these past few seasons but if Lowe and Marsh can get him focussed and help him regain confidence, he's definitely worth a deal.

@mapping went so could answer that possibly
He looked ok ? Nothing world beating thou , having said that no one really stood out as exceptional , without sounding obvious it looked like what it was , two different sides each half with a mix of youth having a pre season work out.

For who though?
If Lowe is true to his word , then these players are a threat to every player currently in the first team in their position. Let’s hope Lowe remembers what he’s said . It would be brilliant if these lads shook the complacency out of the senior players and either made them play better, try harder or took over from them altogether on merit

So Seani got a kick just above the ankle and thats why he came off..... Was walking ok after and not in a boot as far as I could see,

Coulton put more dangerous crosses in from LWB than we saw the whole of last season.....and we scored from 1 of them.

The Ex Academy lads linked well together a number of times, such as the 2nd goal Seary into Oneill; layoff to Beno; flick into the path of Mikey again - only for Woodburn to nip in a score.

Not saying the youth lads are ready and some of their academy play isnt the way the 1st team play and so the expereicned lads had to win it back a few times.

Credit to Coulton and ONeill who virtually played 90 mins and kept going....

sorry to say this but Lindsay looked very composed and drove forward with the ball a couple of times.... looked more assured than any of the CB's first half.

Woodburn cant have done his chances any harm.

Bambo I heard was resting a knee 'strain?' but was there and walking about fine.

As far as I could work out Brady was expected to be there and playing Coulton both halves was a very late change...

David Perkins - ex EFL - controlled midfield first half for them and Pond was quite dominant for an hour.

Sorry if it’s been posted previously but there’s a lot of praise for Olosunde in the RCB on Twitter.

How did he do? Is it just a case of “it’s only Brig” or did he genuinely stand out and look viable in that role moving forward?

I thought the young players did really well, especially in the 2nd half, when the likes of Seary and Bennett and Coulton really livened us up.

Yes, they were up against opposition you'd expect us to beat easily but so was, for instance, Potts, who saw plenty of the ball but for me, actually created very little. Coulton, and Seary when he came on, got in several excellent crosses and just posed more of a threat in general.

As others have said, Woodburn's class is evident. He's obviously lost his way these past few seasons but if Lowe and Marsh can get him focussed and help him regain confidence, he's definitely worth a deal.
Agree with these. Potts was always an outlet on the right and did get forward a lot BUT never once managed to beat his man on the outside. A failing that has affected PNE on both wings for a while.

Agree with these. Potts was always an outlet on the right and did get forward a lot BUT never once managed to beat his man on the outside. A failing that has affected PNE on both wings for a while.
Exactly the reason why we need 2 pacy, attack minded wing backs.

Looks like we can nurture Coulton and Seary in this fashion but obviously need to give these lads time and productive loans to get them ready for championship football.