PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Matchday Thread Bamber Bridge v Preston North End - Friendly - 01-07-23 - KO:15:00

I thought Lewis Leigh number 32 had a good game. He was involved both halves and was quick to be involved.
Apart from he only played first half I agree. Read the game well. Kian Best and Kamara took on the CDM roles second half, and both were very good

Apart from he only played first half I agree. Read the game well. Kian Best and Kamara took on the CDM roles second half, and both were very good
Sorry to be controversial, but very good against Bamber Bridge…..

Could they cope against the likes of Leicester, Leeds, Soton etc… I doubt it

Its hard to know. I guess Seary, Leigh, Mawene and FRG all have the slight perceived advantage of having been offered their pro deals early?
Isn’t FRG on a scholarship rather than a pro deal? Seem to remember reading he’s still too young for a pro deal. Not sure what protection we have if someone comes in, presumably compensation decided by a panel.

Isn’t FRG on a scholarship rather than a pro deal? Seem to remember reading he’s still too young for a pro deal. Not sure what protection we have if someone comes in, presumably compensation decided by a panel.

I think it was mentioned that he signed a pre-contract, same as the others mentioned did before turning 17.

Cheers. For some reason I thought I saw him in the second half. To long a PNE fan, that's probably why I'm losing it.

I'm glad the kids showed up, but from that video alone, it appears nobody has emphasised the importance of gym work to them. They look like they'd get knocked over by a stiff breeze.

Get them physically ready and they stand half a chance.

I think the RL post match did mention one of the lads had managed to put 4kg on over the summer. Assuming weights rather than pork pies!

Just for one moment imagine North End winning a match away from home in the league this coming season 0-7 🤔😶‍🌫️🤪 !! Sorry think ive been out in the sun too much 😅 What are some of North End's biggest and best away victories that have actually happened or that any of you can actually say i was there 🤔🤔

Just for one moment imagine North End winning a match away from home in the league this coming season 0-7 🤔😶‍🌫️🤪 !! Sorry think ive been out in the sun too much 😅 What are some of North End's biggest and best away victories that have actually happened or that any of you can actually say i was there 🤔🤔
One of my favourites was in 1986 - Burnley 1 Preston 4

I also remember Wrexham 0 Preston 5 in 1999.

I particularly enjoyed going to Shrewsbury on a Tuesday night in April 1980 when we won 1-3.