Barky talks about his contract situation, form, results, Frankie.

outreacher

Respect Nature
Patron
"Money is obviously a thing but it isn't everything; I lost one of my dogs three weeks ago and that hurt me more than football will ever hurt me. I could have 50 bad games in a row, get released and end up back in League Two and it wouldn't hurt me like losing my dog. (y)
Sorry for your loss, awful losing a pet, I had to get a cat euthanised not long ago as she was old and very ill.

The vet eventually convinced me she was suffering a great deal and it was for the best, she was so trusting and it broke my heart to do it,

diggerb

Forum Patron
Patron
Really really hope he stays a very big player for us!! But I could fully understand him wanting to leave, just another one of our better players getting sick of the absolute lack of ambition at the club ! No doubt nothing positive will be sorted regards this, just like so many other things at pne, just left to wither and die!!
With the after the event bullshit of, well we did our best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NG White

Forum Patron
Patron
What a brilliant interview, massive respect for the guy.

It sounds to me like he's as pissed off with how shit we are at the moment as the rest of us.

I don't think PR & FM will be too impressed reading that but it doesn't sound like Barky gives a shit what they think to be honest.

He'll be off no doubt, he's a very god player at this level. I won't blame him at all when it happens unless we start to show some ambition to win games of football.

Sounds to me he thinks he should be paid the same as Browne & DJ which he probably should .
But sadly because of Davies & Pearson leaving we put the club under pressure to pay both players way more than there worth.
Also I would guess he has clubs interested if he leaves for free.
In my opinion TB needs to show something on the pitch to prove his value before he starts doing interviews to the local press
I think there is a few players that don’t want to be here & that includes AB& DJ & are living of how they were 3 or 4 years ago.
There’s plenty of young hungry players who would jump at coming to play for us .
We should do be blackmailed to giving big salary’s to average players .
Derby a perfect example 11 players in the summer and dare I say Blackpool who will have no where mere our wage bill maybe half.

Realistic

usual liker
Patron
Sorry for your loss, awful losing a pet, I had to get a cat euthanised not long ago as she was old and very ill.

The vet eventually convinced me she was suffering a great deal and it was for the best, she was so trusting and it broke my heart to do it,
Apologies for the confusion, outreacher, I was actually quoting Barky from his interview. Sorry to hear about your cat, though, and I understand how painful that can be.

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
Sounds to me he thinks he should be paid the same as Browne & DJ which he probably should .
But sadly because of Davies & Pearson leaving we put the club under pressure to pay both players way more than there worth.
Also I would guess he has clubs interested if he leaves for free.
In my opinion TB needs to show something on the pitch to prove his value before he starts doing interviews to the local press
I think there is a few players that don’t want to be here & that includes AB& DJ & are living of how they were 3 or 4 years ago.
There’s plenty of young hungry players who would jump at coming to play for us .
We should do be blackmailed to giving big salary’s to average players .
Derby a perfect example 11 players in the summer and dare I say Blackpool who will have no where mere our wage bill maybe half.
I seriously have no idea how you extrapolated that from his interview.

Jack Daniels

PNE-ONLINE Boxing Expert.
Staff member
Patron
That 2nd interview is pure dynamite... and isn't too far off what the fans have been saying.

Interesting that his use of the phrase "bore teams to death" suggests that the creative players are not happy tactically.

I, too, think 433 would suit us better.

Good in this modern age to read an interview with no frills, no "you can't answer that" staff interjecting proceedings, from a player.

I hope Barky takes his frustrations out bigtime this weekend.

BPIG - GBNF

Forum Patron
Patron
That is absolutely quality. I’ve never been his biggest fan but he seems like a top bloke and I feel bad for some of the shit I’ve given him in the past. It’s easy to forget they are just normal lads sometimes.

He’s gone from being someone I wasn’t really arsed if we let go to a player that is probably top 3 in the squad for importance, if not quality (although maybe he is at this point).

Would be a shame if he leaves at the end of the season cos I could see him going to a Rovers or even back to the lashers and haunting us.

Baldygit

Forum Patron
Patron
I think he's had a financially sound offer (whether from North End or somewhere else) but won't commit until he sees what happens in the January transfer market and how/if things look like improving throughout the club.
He obviously feels the same as a lot of fans do in that things need to change within the whole structure and thinking of the club management.

Yoowell

Forum Patron
Patron
That 2nd interview is pure dynamite... and isn't too far off what the fans have been saying.

Interesting that his use of the phrase "bore teams to death" suggests that the creative players are not happy tactically.

I, too, think 433 would suit us better.

Good in this modern age to read an interview with no frills, no "you can't answer that" staff interjecting proceedings, from a player.

I hope Barky takes his frustrations out bigtime this weekend.
4-3-3 would suit Barky and others I could mention and it has to be an option but for goodness sake if Frankie sticks to his 3-5-2 then it we have to set up like that AND NOT WITH A BACK FIVE.
He has to trust his back 3 and his sitter to defend and the wing backs have to be much further forward or we’re fecked and so is he.

Johnsy

First Team
Well excuse me for being a bit sceptical but is it actually honest or is it a case of trying to get the fans onside.

He's been obviously been offered a contract, so it's either about money or it's not. If he's happy here and it's not about money then sign it, if he's not happy be honest enough to admit it is and he's winding his contract down on the hope of leaving on a free and picking up a load of cash.

Seems like there are a lot of contradictions in that interview to me.

How often are things ever that black and white? And why would Barky really care about getting fans onside (especially if he was planning to wind his contract down)? We're not exactly the most supportive bunch as a whole...

He's clearly not completely happy, but can you blame him? He's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't in terms of talking about how he feels. With the crap some fans give our players at times, why would he be desperate to jump at signing any old contract given to him? The finances of football aside, he's a human and I defy anyone to say they wouldn't be p*ssed off working in a place which has become stale, where colleagues aren't performing to their expected standards and the atmosphere borders on toxic sometimes. At least Barky has been frank about how he sees things and given everyone an insight into what's happening from his point of view. Whether or not anyone feels like he's done enough to earn whatever contract they imagine he's after (and everyone has a right to their opinion on it) he could have just toed the diplomatic line, said nothing of value, half-arsed it til the summer and done one. He hasn't. Rarely is a player forever loyal to a club, and if Barky were to leave in summer he'd do so with my respect for his efforts and performances and I'd be sad that we didn't value him enough.

Johnsy

First Team
I think he's had a financially sound offer (whether from North End or somewhere else) but won't commit until he sees what happens in the January transfer market and how/if things look like improving throughout the club.
He obviously feels the same as a lot of fans do in that things need to change within the whole structure and thinking of the club management.
I agree. Consider how we all feel about the club...why would players who want to achieve something feel any different?