Barky talks about his contract situation, form, results, Frankie.

Yan89

Forum Patron
Patron
That 2nd interview is pure dynamite... and isn't too far off what the fans have been saying.

Interesting that his use of the phrase "bore teams to death" suggests that the creative players are not happy tactically.

I, too, think 433 would suit us better.

Good in this modern age to read an interview with no frills, no "you can't answer that" staff interjecting proceedings, from a player.

I hope Barky takes his frustrations out bigtime this weekend.
The second one? Is there another other than that lancs live piece?

Yoowell

Forum Patron
Patron
Whilst I find his candid response to tge questions very refreshing, it would also suggest we need someone in who will shake these guys up and ship some out.
Can’t imagine McGrath, Moyes or Davies putting up with a player doing this.
It needed saying….many on here second guessed what’s been going on but now it’s in the open.
The big puzzle now will be how we move forward?

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
Whilst I find his candid response to tge questions very refreshing, it would also suggest we need someone in who will shake these guys up and ship some out.
Can’t imagine McGrath, Moyes or Davies putting up with a player doing this.
He's on pre-match media duties for the Coventry game and honestly answering questions asked of him.

This should be something to be praised and encouraged, not suppressed and shipped out.

I'm sure McGrath, Moyes and Davies wouldn't be afraid of a player expressing their honest views, because they wouldn't have anything to fear from it.

From91

Forum Patron
Patron
Really worrying comments, if he’s saying it you can bet loads of others in the squad are thinking it. Surely they know Gally well enough to have a word to try and be more positive tactically.

Sounds like he’s off though which after extending Maguire, Potts and Harrop recently would be totally ridiculous. He’ll stay up North and sign for someone like Rovers or Wigan if they go up. I just don’t get the thought process behind not offering one of the quickest players in the championship who’ll play 40 games and get around 8 goals a contract extension.

Ron Burgundy

Forum Patron
Patron
That 2nd interview is pure dynamite... and isn't too far off what the fans have been saying.

Interesting that his use of the phrase "bore teams to death" suggests that the creative players are not happy tactically.

I, too, think 433 would suit us better.

Good in this modern age to read an interview with no frills, no "you can't answer that" staff interjecting proceedings, from a player.

I hope Barky takes his frustrations out bigtime this weekend.

I remember on Saturday Browny made 2-3 forward attacking intended passes and I nearly spasmed due to shock.

SuffolknWhat

Advisor to the Owner
An absolutely brilliant interview that shows his humanity. The loss of one of his dogs is more important.

My respect for the guy just shot through the roof.
That is a staggering interview.Honest as he always is, and above all, humane.
The point that got me was when he refers to his loss, and later how he referenced the recent losses Craig ( Hemmings) and Peter (Ridsdale) are dealing with.
There are more important things in life than work, irrespective of your job.
Absolute respect for the guy, regardless of whether his future lies here or elsewhere.

fred frekleton

First Team
Well excuse me for being a bit sceptical but is it actually honest or is it a case of trying to get the fans onside.

He's been obviously been offered a contract, so it's either about money or it's not. If he's happy here and it's not about money then sign it, if he's not happy be honest enough to admit it is and he's winding his contract down on the hope of leaving on a free and picking up a load of cash.

Seems like there are a lot of contradictions in that interview to me.
He is just telling it as it is, it needed someone to come out and let the fans know how the players feel .Has for you pbc373 you are a IDIOT !

Dreyfuss

Forum Patron
Patron
I'm kinda surprised Barky says he's only seen the home games, whilst he's been out of the team.

Do the team not watch tape of previous games? Or are they that unwatchable there's little to learn from them.