PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Barky talks about his contract situation, form, results, Frankie.

Refreshingly honest interview from Barky. Lots of inside info on Derby debacle, general team performances/formations, under achieving. Frankie manangement, his own battle with CO-VID, his contract situation/losing his dog. Very interesting interview but only echoes the thoughts of many North Enders at moment that the club is on a bit of a downward curve.

He's just a class act isn't he

In all my years of football I've never seen anything like that from a current PNE player ( a few from ones that have already left just bitching) but nothing like that.. And the fact that he's bang on makes it all the more amazing..... I think it's bloody marvelous.

Absolutely cracking interview and so refreshing to hear a player saying the same as the fans are saying ie we are not good enough, we are boring to watch the results are crap and the formation isn’t working.

My take on that is that he will definitely be leaving in the Jan window or the summer on a free IF Frankie is still in charge and persisting with his ultra boring 532.

Absolutely cracking interview and so refreshing to hear a player saying the same as the fans are saying ie we are not good enough, we are boring to watch the results are crap and the formation isn’t working.

My take on that is that he will definitely be leaving in the Jan window or the summer on a free IF Frankie is still in charge and persisting with his ultra boring 532.

I'd be totally amazed if Frankie is still our 'head coach' come January.

Sounds to me a good refreshing interview but to me it's a man leaving saying what he wants with no real recompense. His words whilst good do not redeem his overall play which has been shocking for ages. I applaud him for his views on Covid 19 (please inform Callum Robinson if you're friends). I'd be shocked if he's here next year he's clearly needing a new challenge with hopefully for him a few grand more and I can't blame him for that.

What a fucking fantastic interview that is. Maybe one of the best I’ve ever read from a footballer. Huge respect for the bloke.

He’s an absolute credit to the club is Barky. Not many footballers like him around.

Says it exactly how we see it.

I also think he doesnt rate Frankies managerial ability but stops short at saying that.

Sounds to me he thinks he should be paid the same as Browne & DJ which he probably should .
But sadly because of Davies & Pearson leaving we put the club under pressure to pay both players way more than there worth.
Also I would guess he has clubs interested if he leaves for free.
In my opinion TB needs to show something on the pitch to prove his value before he starts doing interviews to the local press
I think there is a few players that don’t want to be here & that includes AB& DJ & are living of how they were 3 or 4 years ago.
There’s plenty of young hungry players who would jump at coming to play for us .
We should do be blackmailed to giving big salary’s to average players .
Derby a perfect example 11 players in the summer and dare I say Blackpool who will have no where mere our wage bill maybe half.
Agree with this. Poor timing by Barkhuizen. He might be saying (and seeing) the same things as most sensible fans, but he comes across as a bit of a dick with a massive chip on his shoulder.

Ok so he might not agree with the way things are being done at the club, but he's not played for how many games? And when he does play, he's hardly winning games single handedly, which you would think he is after reading those 2 interviews.

Time to go Tom. Wouldn't surprise me to see him back at Blackpool.

But on everything else, we all know the way the club is being run needs to change. Starting with a proper plan.

If things change for the better then I don't think he'll leave. I don't think he wants to either, he's genuine which is why he stipulated there's' no rush, he won't down tools etc .....Just my opinion based on the fact that he almost quit football once before but came here as a swop for Trevor paying Morecombe's wage bill.

Agree with this. Poor timing by Barkhuizen. He might be saying (and seeing) the same things as most sensible fans, but he comes across as a bit of a dick with a massive chip on his shoulder.

Ok so he might not agree with the way things are being done at the club, but he's not played for how many games? And when he does play, he's hardly winning games single handedly, which you would think he is after reading those 2 interviews.

But on everything else, we all know the way the club is being run needs to change. Starting with a proper plan.

Bollocks.... But you are entitled to your opinion...:D

Quite correct, I am, as is everyone else. Folk will see it differently, but very unprofessional IMO and we need to get rid, regardless of what happens at the club going forward.

That's where we will differ.... Get rid my arse.He's told the complete truth.. Would you rather him lie and keep it in the camp?.... A guys honest and you want to pot him and protect the shit that is currently going on?.... The next time you moan and make a good point then I'll remind you that a player did the same and you sacked him for it.

Quite correct, I am, as is everyone else. Folk will see it differently, but very unprofessional IMO and we need to get rid, regardless of what happens at the club going forward.

Appreciate your opinion but what would him just coming out with the usual media trained bollocks soundbites players generally do achieve?

I hope he starts Wednesday and the rest of the football club have watched/read his interview and thought FFS he's right lets give everything to rectify it. Starting with the head coach changing the negative crap.

It was a no nonsense say it as it is interview I'd want or expect from our captain. In all fairness our actual captain came out a few days ago and declared his own form nowhere near good enough.

They are all clearly fed up. Take the shackles off, pick a forward thinking team and let them go out and play.

I really think you’ve interpreted his comments completely inaccurately. He’s clearly someone who cares. It’s not just a chance for him to air his grievances.