PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Barky talks about his contract situation, form, results, Frankie.

I totally admire his honestly on personal matters & is very brave to open up on how the illness & loss at home has affected him šŸ‘ , but I think he crossed the line a little when discussing things on the pitch that he has no need to discuss I.e. formations etc.

Heā€™s hardly a world beater. Reliable..yes. Hard working..yes, but is he really someone who is worthy of crying over should he leave? Not sure.

Itā€™s obvious there are issues going on behind the scenes, including no doubt the contract, but heā€™d be better served getting back to full fitness & showing the staff he deserves his place.

Ps. For what itā€™s worth I agree weā€™re playing terribly & drifting backwards, but this is hardly going to help.

Just my opinion
Iā€™m not 100% in accord but I get what youā€™re saying and think youā€™re partly right. Just because it is honest and forthright doesnā€™t mean it was the right thing to do.

The interview confirms what many suspected. The club is an utter shambles at the moment. We sound like Dog and Duck FC. Things need to change and sharpish, at the moment we don't deserve to stay in the Champ. We are doing everything on the cheap with the only strategic intention of somehow staying up.

Ridsdale needs to sort this out. Or get out.
This

The impression I got, from the general whingeing vein of the interview.
From my and most fans I would have thoughts perspective, a bloody good whinge is the least of what's required!! The current running of the club is a complete shitshow and the fact that he had the honesty and courage to say more or less that, only raises my opinion of him !! Well said Tom and good luck wherever you play.

All that coming from a player who hasn't been involved or put in a decent performance for over 12 months. For me he comes across as a self righteous footballer whos living on his past peak 3 or 4 seasons ago. Not a chance he's signing on and in my opinion we need to look to the future. When he was played though on goal in line with the Derby defender on Saturday in the second half he failed to get to the ball and in the past he'd have made it. I do agree with him on some points such as the formation, but at the end of the day he can say what he likes as he has nothing to lose.

Itā€™s good he likes dogs and his nickname is barky

The most striking bit of the interview is a senior player acknowledging FM is learning on the job and happy to say it in public. Iā€™m sure the same is being said between players more and more after every game.

What on earth is happening at the club.

No chance he would end up back at Blackpool.

Whilst he has family connections he has no time for them whatsoever after the way they discarded him and the lasher fans despise him.
However - the very idea that is has been speculated as possible shows how low North End have sunk vs player choice

That certainly was a refreshingly honest interview and one that most fans will fully relate to. I've always been a Barky fan since his first appearance when he came on as a sub against Newcastle and absolutely flew down virtually the length of Deepdale. He can create and score goals and on his day is as good as we've got. However, his performances have dipped recently and reading his interview you can see he's not been a good mental or physical place. Maybe his long-Covid might be a very long-Covid and we may no see the best of him again. If this is the case, this will of course affect his ability to move clubs. I really hope he makes a full recovery and would love to see him commit to a new contract and we start to build a team around him and some of the other brighter talent we have in the squad.

The interview confirms what many suspected. The club is an utter shambles at the moment. We sound like Dog and Duck FC. Things need to change and sharpish, at the moment we don't deserve to stay in the Champ. We are doing everything on the cheap with the only strategic intention of somehow staying up.

Ridsdale needs to sort this out. Or get out.
I totally agree with the sentence in bold but whilst I'm certainly no fan of Ridsdale, to be fair to him, he hasn't had any control over how much money has been available.

Appreciate his honesty but comes across a bit arrogant to be honest and donā€™t think he is delivering enough to be so. Would imagine he is a difficult character in the changing room. Donā€™t think he is a massive lover of football from things Iā€™d heard and for me that comes across in the ā€˜whateverā€™ attitude.

Get a good manager in and we can utilise Barky or he can go for me. Aslong as not to a local club

Appreciate his honesty but comes across a bit arrogant to be honest and donā€™t think he is delivering enough to be so. Would imagine he is a difficult character in the changing room. Donā€™t think he is a massive lover of football from things Iā€™d heard and for me that comes across in the ā€˜whateverā€™ attitude.

Get a good manager in and we can utilise Barky or he can go for me. Aslong as not to a local club
What things have you heard and from whom?

Some of the crap that gets posted on here is pathetic.

To me Barky didn't come across as arrogant at all in that interview. He said what he thinks in a very open and honest way,

Here is a guy who's had Covid recently and is still feeling the after-effects. His long Covid is still giving him headaches like big hangovers 4 times a week, and he may not always be able to train at 100%. He's still having to assess his fitness on a day by day basis.

Yet he still put himself forward to play last Saturday, despite the manager's tactical cock up. Did he look a little rusty? Yes, but given what he's gone through this last couple of months, it's hardly surprising is it? I was amazed to see him starting, and I didn't know the full picture on Saturday. It hasn't stopped some from slagging his performance off though.

Some have reacted to his talk about his contract situation by accusing him of trying to manipulate matters through this interview. Perhaps he just wanted to set the record straight, particularly given the speculation, on here and elsewhere, about him not being offered a new one because the club were upset with another interview he did early on this season - and let's not forget that the version that most were basing this rumour on was one which some muppet on twitter had deliberately edited to make it look controversial.

As far as his criticism of our tactics and performances go I think that the club have needed something as unequivocal as that from one of the senior players. They all realise that it's got to improve or the season could end disasterously for the club. The fact that it was Barky who stuck his neck out and said it indicates to me that the club matters to him. Isn't that the sort of attitude we should want from our players?

Some of the crap that gets posted on here is pathetic.

To me Barky didn't come across as arrogant at all in that interview. He said what he thinks in a very open and honest way,

Here is a guy who's had Covid recently and is still feeling the after-effects. His long Covid is still giving him headaches like big hangovers 4 times a week, and he may not always be able to train at 100%. He's still having to assess his fitness on a day by day basis.

Yet he still put himself forward to play last Saturday, despite the manager's tactical cock up. Did he look a little rusty? Yes, but given what he's gone through this last couple of months, it's hardly surprising is it? I was amazed to see him starting, and I didn't know the full picture on Saturday. It hasn't stopped some from slagging his performance off though.

Some have reacted to his talk about his contract situation by accusing him of trying to manipulate matters through this interview. Perhaps he just wanted to set the record straight, particularly given the speculation, on here and elsewhere, about him not being offered a new one because the club were upset with another interview he did early on this season - and let's not forget that the version that most were basing this rumour on was one which some muppet on twitter had deliberately edited to make it look controversial.

As far as his criticism of our tactics and performances go I think that the club have needed something as unequivocal as that from one of the senior players. They all realise that it's got to improve or the season could end disasterously for the club. The fact that it was Barky who stuck his neck out and said it indicates to me that the club matters to him. Isn't that the sort of attitude we should want from our players?
Superb post mate.

Ridsdale is more to blame for this mess than Frankie.

So itā€™s ā€˜get the hell out of our clubā€™ for me. šŸ¤¬
We quite frankly need to draw a line under this period in the club's history and for me that would also include ridsdale leaving the club as well as most the squad. A new fresh positive era.