Barky

Morse

First Team
Barkhuizen really has become a class act. Pace, trickery, intelligence and could easily finish this season on 20 goals, not bad for an advanced midfielder. Now without doubt a multi-million pound player!

OP
S

SuffolknWhat

Manager
Barkhuizen really has become a class act. Pace, trickery, intelligence and could easily finish this season on 20 goals, not bad for an advanced midfielder. Now without doubt a multi-million pound player!
What would we ask/ take?
5m?
(Don't get any ideas Trevor)

spender

Manager
I watched the game last night and in the first half Barky was non existent he offered nothing. he didn't want to get involved at all. Second half he only improved as he got lucky 3 yards from goal. He missed a chance before that which he should have scored from.

For me he is a luxury player, very frustrating and i think over rated, he goes missing for long periods but when interested he is superb he is fast direct and would worry a lot of defences with his pace.

how much are they quoting on here? come on guys really

Thought Maclean should have gone, straight red, why is that refereee not being hauled before the FA to explain himself, very poor performance from that official

Pumba

Advisor to the Owner
The gap is massive.
I dunno, some players can surprise you in terms of how quickly they get up to speed if they move between the divisions.

Championship is obviously a lot better. I think what I'm trying to say is you can find some gems down there if you look hard enough.

pnenycx

Forum Patron
Patron
For me he is a luxury player, very frustrating and i think over rated, he goes missing for long periods but when interested he is superb he is fast direct and would worry a lot of defences with his pace.
Wouldn't mind a few more of these luxury, overrated players in the team.

Muzza

Manager
The move he made to get his left foot shot off was great, proper opened up so much space. Unlucky not to score and if he had it would have been a belter.

Farmboy

First Team
Think Barkhuizen is a decent player when played in the correct position, wouldn’t call him a multi million pound asset, he needs to improve his decision making, always seems to pass when he should shoot &vice versa

ralphypne

Reserve
I watched the game last night and in the first half Barky was non existent he offered nothing. he didn't want to get involved at all. Second half he only improved as he got lucky 3 yards from goal. He missed a chance before that which he should have scored from.

Thought Maclean should have gone, straight red, why is that refereee not being hauled before the FA to explain himself, very poor performance from that official
Couldn’t disagree more. He’s a key player in the team.

Quality, and sometimes underrated player.

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron

I've highlighted the only correct part of your post in bold.

Admittedly he was quiet for periods of the game last night. BUT sometimes you are only as good as the service that you get & apart from a short spell in the first half , where we played keep ball, the service to him was generally poor. I do not accept the statement that he goes missing for long periods. Much of his time is spent doing the hard yards of the defensive side & tracking runners. Definitely NOT a luxury player. Over the season his contribution has been fantastic & some of the figures quoted on here are the going rate for players who perform at his level over the course of a whole season. I do, however, agree with you on McLean. He should have gone

pnewortham

Forum Patron
Patron

No coincidence that we spent most of the first period smashing long balls from the back, this doesn't help get our (fairly light-weight) trickster / speed merchants involved in the game. High balls sailing over everyone's heads. So no wonder Barky & Sinc didn't look up to much.

Commentators were even saying from about the 6th minute to get the ball on the floor and play through the thirds.

Then suddenly we start passing it around and we look ten times better.

Bloody easy innit this lark.

G-H-Distraught

Forum Patron
Patron
Think Barkhuizen is a decent player when played in the correct position, wouldn’t call him a multi million pound asset, he needs to improve his decision making, always seems to pass when he should shoot &vice versa
Should that not be sometimes? OR he would not have got any goals and he is currently our top scorer.