PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Barky

Went a long time without scoring but 4 in 4 so he's hitting form at the right time, no coincidence imo with the arrival of Sinclair
If him ( and the others) can stay injury /suspension free the dream is on.

Would be an important squad player for any team in this league. Should finish with about 12 by the end of the season which is an excellent return.

Also shows the gap between Championship and League Two isn’t as vast as you’d think.

Would be an important squad player for any team in this league. Should finish with about 12 by the end of the season which is an excellent return.

Also shows the gap between Championship and League Two isn’t as vast as you’d think.
We took a punt (Thommo connection?) on a young league 2 player but he's improved massively under Alex Neil.
He shows how our business model can work.
Another gold star for the gaffer.

I hope Barky gets closer to 20 goals than he does 12 this season.

I hope Barky gets closer to 20 goals than he does 12 this season.

If he carries on playing like he is now then that could be quite feasible. But it is also a matter of playing him where and how he is most effective - slightly wide with through balls to run onto and with the freedom to cut in when he can.

I thought we only signed him to save Morecambe and get a decent depth player?

Either way he's been fantastic and is hitting that ridiculous form he had when he first played for us.

Went a long time without scoring but 4 in 4 so he's hitting form at the right time, no coincidence imo with the arrival of Sinclair
If him ( and the others) can stay injury /suspension free the dream is on.

Last night he was struggling to make an impact until Nuge came on.

I liked the moment he turned between the two Stoke defenders into the penalty box, I know the finish was a bit weak, but if that had gone in people would be ranting about the goal for weeks.

The thing about Barky is that he always offers something, either with or without the ball. A really really good player.

gally and nugent might not be starting regularly, but it’s a great to be able to rely on them both to do a job to get us over the line.
We have a wealth of experience in our squad and used at the right time could see us do the business.
Last night, Nuge made a big impact coming on and Gally to an extent, the only fault Gally has, is giving silly free kicks away!
We also have Sinclair who has been there and done it, so him and Nuge together could have a telling effect.
Add to that the importance of Bauer in defence with Clarke and Hunts waiting to fill in, we have adequate cover.
Behind them and who is having a great season,Rudd, I think we should look to have a good run!
With some luck and this experience, together with the younger ones in the squad, watch out The Championship!