PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Barky

In the Championship, Barkhuizen has one more in all comps.

After that, I think its Harrop.

All comps:

Barkhuizen - 11
DJ - 10
Harrop - 8
Gally - 5
Maguire - 4
Browne - 3
Bodin - 3
Stockley - 2
Bauer - 2
Moult, Rafferty, Pearson, Nugent, Sinclair, Green, Hunts - all 1

Pretty poor, that.

It's 7 since last February for Maguire when he's started the vast majority of matches.

Stockley, well, he's started only 6 games and come on in 13 others. Not easy. Scored vs Huddersfield when he started and Luton when he came on as sub.

Speaking of injuries anyone know what's up with Potts? Not been in last couple of squads - injury news has passed me by?

He's not hit form this season but could still have a part to play in some of our tough away games where we need willing runners/bodies

Potts may come back into contention for the games at West Brom and Fulham. Neil seems to like what he offers in the big games.

He hasn't got going really this season but the team has been very consistent since the start of the season so it's been hard for anyone who started the season out of the team to really get a look in and a proper run of games.

We do have a very big squad when you consider that due to injury or just not being in the team at the moment, the likes of Bodin, Moult, Bayliss, Potts, Storey, Huntington and Ledson arent in the matchday squads right now.

As for Barky, outside of the club he is incredibly underrated imho, although I noticed Michael O'Neill namecheck him before the game during the week.

Potts may come back into contention for the games at West Brom and Fulham. Neil seems to like what he offers in the big games.

He hasn't got going really this season but the team has been very consistent since the start of the season so it's been hard for anyone who started the season out of the team to really get a look in and a proper run of games.

Potts didn't start the season out of the team - he started in the opening game at Millwall in along with Barkhuizen he was utterly ineffective and like Barkhuizen was substituted. Since then Barkhuizen has pretty well got his act together but Potts has not. Why that is so is another matter. I suspect that right at the start of the season Potts was not fully fit and that he got frustrated which aggravated the situation. But the fact is that even with his fitness recovered Potts has not really looked like he wants to stake a claim for a starting place - the bottom line is probably that he just lacks force of character. The fact that he is not even in the matchday squad at the moment shows that something is amiss somewhere. The apposite comparison is with Harrop who after really lengthy enforced lay-off has really made a case for himself.